Cuccinelli (2008): Anti-adultery laws are good, should be enforced more! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:43:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cuccinelli (2008): Anti-adultery laws are good, should be enforced more! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuccinelli (2008): Anti-adultery laws are good, should be enforced more!  (Read 1981 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »

Jesse Jackson, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Jim McGreevy, Mark Sanford, John Ensign, John Edwards, Newt Gingrich, and Gary Hart won't want to live in Virginia then. Wait a minute, most politicians will want to avoid the state if you really think about it. Hooray!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »

I think adultery should be treated as some manner of tort, personally. I don't think most of the adultery laws that are currently on the books in states that still have them are very practical or well-considered. I doubt Virginia is an exception.

Seriously?  That seems completely crazy.

Don't you like the idea of pretty much putting all politicians behind bars though?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »

Adultery is virtually inevitable, unless the parties are really hopeless.

Our politicians prove all the time that adultery will happen. The last thing we want our country to do is govern on the notion that people can't be trusted to take care of themselves and therefore need the government to do things for them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies