Is Minnesota trending Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 12:51:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Minnesota trending Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Minnesota trending Republican?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Is Minnesota trending Republican?  (Read 3708 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: November 28, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

Minnesota is staying put. The Northeast area around Lake Superior and the inner-cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul will be cancelled out by the conservative suburbs and rural areas. So you'll continue to have a balance there. I don't even think its trending anyway, it's staying nearly equalized with the Democrats having a slight advantage.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »

Minnesota is staying put. The Northeast area around Lake Superior and the inner-cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul will be cancelled out by the conservative suburbs and rural areas. So you'll continue to have a balance there. I don't even think its trending anyway, it's staying nearly equalized with the Democrats having a slight advantage.

No that's not entirely true. Go look at the state leg maps I posted. The GOP got beaten badly even in rural areas.

I was talking about national elections. I could give two sh**ts about the composition of the state legislature in MN unless I move there. Wink Especially since state legislature elections show trends within the state party not the national party as a whole.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:40:11 PM »

I was talking about national elections. I could give two sh**ts about the composition of the state legislature in MN unless I move there. Wink Especially since state legislature elections show trends within the state party not the national party as a whole.

See map in signature.

The Democrats also now hold all 3 outstate House districts. We have all the outstate districts and the 2 Twin Cities districts. The Republicans only have 1 suburban district and 2 suburban/exurban/semi-rural districts. We hold almost all the rural areas now.

Well Kennedy was a horrible candidate running in a horrible year. Minnesota had a few Republican marginals that switched in a year that was extremely bad for Republicans. Not really anything drastic. About the same as saying PA is trending Democratic because of the loss of Santorum, the PA House, and two House districts. Really these changes are nothing more than average election-by-election change by the body politic in a state that is rather closely devided between Democrats and Republicans. I believe that neither your state nor mine is undergoing any sort of major trend beside the 2006 national trend which was Republicans got beaten badly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies