Trump +28 in Utah
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:21:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump +28 in Utah
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump +28 in Utah  (Read 577 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 09:16:46 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:43:11 AM »

That would be pretty stunning if Trump wins Utah by 30 Points in a State with a high mormon concentration.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 09:11:48 AM »

That would be pretty stunning if Trump wins Utah by 30 Points in a State with a high mormon concentration.

It seems like the GOP base in UT has somewhat shifted on Trump and MAGA over the last few years. I'm sure that also played a role for Romney's decision to not seek reelection. Because usually he should have no trouble getting renominated at all.
KakyoinMemeHouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:29:45 AM »

It seems like the GOP base in UT has somewhat shifted on Trump and MAGA over the last few years. I'm sure that also played a role for Romney's decision to not seek reelection. Because usually he should have no trouble getting renominated at all.

I disagree given how impressive Haley's performance was in the primary.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 12:04:31 PM »

Utah and Alaska are the only two states where I expect a measurable swing to Biden so this would be pretty bad for him (Biden).
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 12:38:24 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 12:48:58 PM by Skill and Chance »

Not surprised.  Utah (and maybe Texas) seemed like ground zero in 2016 for people voting against Trump because they thought he wasn't socially conservative enough and/or was secretly pro-choice.  That obviously isn't a concern now.  Utah was also on the COVID hawk side for conservative states, and that isn't an issue anymore either. 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 04:34:20 PM »

Iirc UT has a weird convention style nominating system that may overrepresent the MAGA crowd.

It's tough to say whether Romney would've been renominated had he run...if I were him, I'd have retired on my own terms, too, rather than run the risk of ending my career with a disgraceful loss. Anyways he's like 75, so there's a small possibility he retired for personal rather than political reasons in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies