Opinion of Woodrow Wilson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:28:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Woodrow Wilson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF (D)

FF (R)

FF (I/O)

HP (D)

HP (R)

HP (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Opinion of Woodrow Wilson  (Read 648 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 24, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »

His first term was remarkably successfull in terms of getting legislations passed, but it's always overlooked due to his f**k-up of League of Nations ratification.

I suppose as a Pole I should feel some gratitude, but I can't consider him a good person.

No, the common perception is that world war 1 was a stupid war that was fought by Europe's masses for the benefit of stupid, aristocratic elites and their dumb war games. None of the postwar leaders were remotely interested in genuine reform, just covering their arses to stop more revolutions popping out of the ground.

"Nothing changed" is not completely accurate. The WWI brought freedom to many nations that were subjugated before by imperial powers, mine including. WWI changed a lot.

Joining the war per se was more in the U.S. interest than it's now fashionable to admit. We should make a distinction between post-war screwups like terms of Versailles and Wilson's failure of getting the Senate to ratify, and the war itself.

WWI was pretty much something that had to happen, one way or the other. Historical revisionism claiming all would be awesome if not for the WWI, or Entente victory, is quite shallow. Nazism, Fascism were not inevitable. Germans, military including, had no problem with quitting the war and cutting some loses, the main inflaming point to burst later, were handling of post-war order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies