I step down. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:41:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I step down. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I step down.  (Read 7488 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »

I will not join the senate, I hereby step down and wish you guys luck on everything.

Goodbye, Dan a.k.a. Josh22 Tongue

Interesting...possible case of voter fraud.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

Josh or Dan being good or bad is quite irrelevant. I'm quasi-certain that Dan committed voter fraud and I intend to bring this to court.

The AG would presumably be the most appropriate person to bring the case (unless a conflict of interest arises), so it might be best to notify him, at least in the first instance.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »

Josh or Dan being good or bad is quite irrelevant. I'm quasi-certain that Dan committed voter fraud and I intend to bring this to court.

I don't really care if he's a cool and nice guy, he committed a crime, lied to people, and fooled a number of people.

If Josh didn't have his original account registered here he really couldn't have committed voter fraud.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Josh is not currently on the electoral register, but he has been in the past. Arguably that previous registration represents his "primary identity in Atlasia". Or maybe not...it would seem open to interpretation.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

Wouldn't the deletion of his voter registration eliminate his "existence" in Atlasia, meaning that he wouldn't have any primary identity?

I'm not sure if a judicial or legislative determination has ever been made on whether removal from the voter roll extinguishes existence.
(If it was deemed to do so, then that, in and of itself, would seem to present a loophole for any and all persons charged of an offence in Atlasia - simply deregister and avoid trial and punishment.)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »

Wouldn't the deletion of his voter registration eliminate his "existence" in Atlasia, meaning that he wouldn't have any primary identity?

I'm not sure if a judicial or legislative determination has ever been made on whether removal from the voter roll extinguishes existence.
(If it was deemed to do so, then that, in and of itself, would seem to present a loophole for any and all persons charged of an offence in Atlasia - simply deregister and avoid trial and punishment.)

That's a fair point.

But do we have anything other than voter registration to determine citizenship/existence in Atlasia?

Off the top of my head, I'm not aware of anything with that purpose.

Is Mint guilty of voter fraud because he used to be NDN? (assuming he was registered under that name at any time....I'm not sure), but let's just assume he was.

I'm not sure I understand the question, can you clarify?

I would interpret voter fraud to mean an attempt to actually gain some benefit by having control over more than one vote....such as Ben's usage of "The Populist", but as Josh clearly stopped posting under his original account and switched entirely to Dan, his intent is not likely to be fraud. Of course....his intent isn't relevant, I know that. If your interpretation of the law is correct, than he should certainly be convicted.

I'd need to review the cases on voter fraud (e.g. Atlasia v Keystone Phil, Atlasia v benconstine - neither of which have yet been added to the wiki, unfortunately) to see if there's anything in the Court's decisions there that are helpful here. It just seems to me that on the basis of the wording of the CCJA that there may well be a case to answer.

I don't particularly care much one way or the other on the particular case at hand, but I do think it is the duty of the AG to pursue matters such as this.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

Ah yes, I remember that now.
I still disagree with that view and I concur with the dissent of Chief Justice Bullmoose.

Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

Just found this Executive Order of President Joe Republic as well:

----

But my opinion doesn't make the law around here. The Senate and the Supreme Court do.

Clearly we should put forward a Constitutional Amendment to fix that. Cheesy
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »

At a quick glance, Josh last voted in the August 2008 election. Assuming he missed the following elections in October, December, February and April then he would have only been officially deregistered in late April 2009. However, Dan registered on March 29th, 2009. Thus I think it is likely that the Dan and Josh accounts were registered at the same time.

Yeah. The SoFA doesn't appear to have made a specific announcement himself; however, Josh/Dan was regularly updating the Registered Voter Roll on the wiki and removed the Josh registration (as part of a more widespread update) on 22 April.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies