MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:42:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)  (Read 120653 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »

lol voters.

I agree with Engdahl about that one, btw; I don't really see the X (I perceive a "/" fairly well but the other stroke isn't really there).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »

Ballot #11: Reject. Two ovals are filled. Underline argument couldn't be proven, that could a voter who fallen asleep.
Also, it could be either an underlining or a crossing-out - it's literally impossible to determine intent.

Looks like a crossing-out to me.  Being someone who is utterly incapable of drawing a straight line for the life of me, it's good to use the start of the line as a way to determine intent, and (unless the line was drawn right-to-left, which is highly unlikely) it looks like they intended that the line be drawn through Al Franken's name.

But that's just me Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »

At this point I'm really tired of all this.  I don't really care who wins anymore.  I'm losing respect for Franken here...

the only thing that keeps me behind Franken is my intense hatred for Chameleon Coleman.

I am quite aware of the fact that, in this election, my vote could have made all the difference in the world.  I think there's a possibility that the final count will be within single digits.  But that doesn't make me one bit less unhappy that I voted for Barkley Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »

Don't get too excited Ronnie.  Coleman's challenging everything that moves, artificially padding his total somewhat.

As I posted in another thread:

Update.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »

lol 7-1

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The eight wards of Crystal were:

Franken 45.67%, Coleman 35.56%, Other 18.87%.

Kind of ridiculous, but not exceptionally ridiculous.  5-2-1 would make more sense.  Eh, but who cares... Tongue

p=0.3166... not even close to significant.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »

Roll Eyes

There are many reasons why I want this election to be over, and the shrill partisanship of the Dems on this board in their love for Al Franken is certainly one of them.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 08:13:47 PM »

That pretty rare bird - a ballot where there is a quite likely explanation that would render the ballot valid (Torie's) but not enough clarity to count it under normal circumstances.
I really don't care if they count that one.

Seems like a pretty clear Coleman vote to me.  Imagine the alternative; it would be a pretty much equivocal overvote.  But because the voter took the time to write in "Norm Coleman", and it is not crossed out or in any way defaced, it is much more likely the intended vote.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

I'm proud that I voted for Bill Ayers as a write-in over Lorie Skjerven Gildea.

Dunno if I'm the first person to ask this, but why didn't you vote for Franken?

I proudly voted for Franken. I also have one of his bumper stickers on my car.

Then for which office was this?: "I'm proud that I voted for Bill Ayers as a write-in over Lorie Skjerven Gildea"

State Supreme Court.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:39:05 PM »

What happens if we have a tie?  Anyone knows?

Coin flip.  No, really.  This is established in state law.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

...to pray for the well-being of our fair state Wink

Not that it would have been any different if Coleman were winning, o/c.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies