NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:30:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio  (Read 74642 times)
hopper
United States

« on: November 25, 2012, 08:29:06 PM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012/08/23/whos-the-boss-star-tony-danza-weighs-run-for-mayor/

Not sure if this has any legitimacy to it, but if Tony Danza runs I'll probably support him. Or Kelsey Grammar, if he runs.

I don't know about Tony Danza being a politician. I like the guy as an actor though.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »

Gibberish.  Giuliani is one of the worst mayors NYC has had in the past 50 years, whereas Bloomberg is arguably the best since LaGuardia.

EDIT:  Somewhat embarrassingly, I don't know enough about Ed Koch's term to pass judgment.
Bloomberg is good except for the soda ban thing.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »

I'd prefer Ed Rendell to most of the people that they're actually thinking about (Especially Quinn).
Well Rendell does have big city mayoral experience since he was the Mayor of Philly. Just a hypothetical question: would he actually qualify on the ballot if he did run for Mayor of NYC?
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »

If Weiner got elected mayor of NYC he just might be a loose cannon at times in a leadership type of role. The guy was just a US House member he wasn't in any type of leadership role there. I know he wants actually the job of being Mayor of NYC he just not running to run though. He will be passionate(maybe too passionate-i.e. loose cannon) about the job on a day in day out basis.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

It also shouldn't be at all surprising that people have become tired of conservative rule after twenty years.
Bloomberg is as a left wing as you can get on guns and not letting people enjoy their big gulp! He is basically a Rockefeller Republican. He is toward the political center on economic issues so he is not left-wing there.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »

Lhota's favorables (29-41) are bad; de Blasio's are great (65-19). Not sure there's much else left to do here but wait until election day.
DeBlasio is like a rock star right now. I just think people in NYC want different economic policies than the ones they have been getting from Guliani/Bloomberg for the last 20 years. Its sort of like after Koch/Dinkins NYC'ers wanted something different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies