Second Round of the Presidential Forever Championships (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:49:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Second Round of the Presidential Forever Championships (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Round of the Presidential Forever Championships  (Read 18833 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: June 20, 2005, 06:52:34 PM »

I think you made the Democrats alittle too strong. Now their defeating everybody.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:21:28 PM »

You definitely made the Democrats too strong. Nobody's able to win.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:12 PM »

Game 3:

Colin Wixted [8] v. Sam Spade [3]

At the beginning of the campaign, Wixted had a mighty six-point lead.  This had narrowed to one point by the day of the election...but Wixted still had a considerable electoral advantage.  In order to win, Anderson needed to keep his own states, take Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin, and pick off at least one of the marginal Wixted states.  A tough objective...but possible.

The night began well for Anderson, winning Indiana by nearly seven points.  The night turned sour around 8:30, as Anderson received news of close losses in Ohio and West Virginia (which he should not have lost).  Wixted's victory in Maryland at 9:00 sealed Anderson's fate...despite subsequent surprise victories in New Jersey and Tennessee, Wixted's EV count was now all but unsurmountable.

Colin Wixted (R-AK):  62,760,536, 50%, 298 EV
John Anderson (D-LA): 61,277,956, 49%, 240 EV

WHOO HOOO!!! Finally won a game. I can't believe I won against Sam. Maybe it was just good luck. And also thank you Bob Ehrlich for the 10 EVs.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Well one thing this game has taught me is, the Republican Party has to nominate Chris Soult for the Presidency. He's unstoppable. Wink
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 02:13:48 PM »

Is this it for the Republicans or are their are positions open? Do I have any shot of making it into the next round?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »

YES! I'm advancing! I have to win those close games in this next round or I'm gonna be dead in the water.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 03:12:58 PM »

The only reason conservative/populist Democrats aren't winning is because this game is screwed up into some kind of blue state/red state polarized non-sense and it underestimates the chances of one of those type Democrats in the south.

It could also be that states like Oregon, Washington, Vermont, and Minnesota would vote for a moderate libertarian like myself instead of someone they find more conservative on social issues, even though I think that me and Sam are pretty close socially. How was I able to win most of the south? I have no idea.   
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 08:25:28 PM »

The only reason conservative/populist Democrats aren't winning is because this game is screwed up into some kind of blue state/red state polarized non-sense and it underestimates the chances of one of those type Democrats in the south.

It could also be that states like Oregon, Washington, Vermont, and Minnesota would vote for a moderate libertarian like myself instead of someone they find more conservative on social issues, even though I think that me and Sam are pretty close socially. How was I able to win most of the south? I have no idea.   
Yeah, I'd agree with that too.

The South probably has to do with the fact that partisan Republicans voted Republican and some of the social liberals in the South, I guess there are a few, probably voted me over Sam. That would probably give me enough to win in those Southern states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies