Michigan and Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Michigan and Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan and Romney?  (Read 5503 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 17, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »

Does anybody on the Forum think that Romney stands any chance in Michigan,By looking at things he has alot going for him with this state,He has family history in the state with his father being Governor and some of the other members of his family that held public office some of them recently. Also I think some of Romney's positions on domistic issues may help him and given the fact that the current Governor of Michigan has medicore apporvals and so on and so forth. So even though polls have him lagging behind Hillary Clinton I think Romney stands a chance here.   
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

And John Kerry was going to sweep Colorado because he was born there.

Colorado was more of a Republican leaning state at the time while Michigan is a true swing state even though it has gone to the Democrats by narrow to comfortable margins in 2000 and 2004.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:25:37 PM »

And John Kerry was going to sweep Colorado because he was born there.

However towards the home strech of 2004 it seriously looked like Kerry could have pulled and upset in Colorado, He could have won it in my opinion had he treated the West more seriously.   
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »

No, the state is more of a Dem leaning state than a tossup (it was about 6.6% more Dem than nationally in 04)

Still things happen.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:51:22 PM »

No, the state is more of a Dem leaning state than a tossup (it was about 6.6% more Dem than nationally in 04)

Still things happen.

the state has shown no signs of moving GOP

Remember back in 04 when Florida looked like it was leaning towards Kerry throughout the campaign and we have President Kerry in the White House today am I correct?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies