Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:18:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you save?
Adolf Hitler

The gorilla

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Adolf Hitler and a gorilla are drowning in a river. You can only save 1.  (Read 6106 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »

Wait, is Tony saying that if Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was captured and arrested, he'd choose to save his life over that of an innocent animal's?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:24:16 AM »

Wait, is Tony saying that if Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was captured and arrested, he'd choose to save his life over that of an innocent animal's?

Are you saying that if he was captured we should just kill him? I thought you were against the death penalty.

No I wouldn't execute him, but I wouldn't exactly lift a finger to save him either. And yeah, I sure as hell would rather save my parents' beloved cat that I also grew up with rather than him. I assume you've seen Batman Begins right? Think of what Batman says and does to the villain at the end.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »

Actually a plausible implementation of the human vs. animal life issue here is with poaching. For example in India and South Africa, it's legal to use deadly force against poachers if needed to save any animals. I don't disagree with that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »

What if a trolley was headed down a track and about to run over a tied up Hitler, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Pol Pot, Kim Jong-un and Augusto Pinochet. You can throw a switch to change it but that'll run over a box of kittens on the other track. Do you throw the switch?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies