college football chat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:33:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  college football chat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: college football chat.  (Read 10315 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »

My Top 5:
1. Oklahoma
2. Oregon
3. Alabama
4. Florida State
5. LSU

My thinking is if Boise State goes undefeated this year, I think they can make the National Championship, finally. Hoping Kansas and Indiana both get bowl bids, but that's really dreaming.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:30:48 PM »

Kansas plays McNeese State at 7, and I can honestly say I don't feel completely comfortable we'll win this game.

Preparing for a long year...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »

Holy Toledo (They crushed New Hampshire, btw)! Kansas didn't get embarassed this year in the first game! Smiley 42-24 over McNeese State.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »

I'm licking my chops at Saturday.  Not only are we favored at the defending national champs, most pundits seem to think we'll win comfortably.
Eh, you're bound to screw up at some point this season. Tongue

Kansas has an opportunity to go 2-0 this weekend vs. Northern Illinois. Ironically enough, we're a 7 point underdog. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

Today was a great day. Against all odds, Kansas won in spectacular fashion over Northern Illinois. Northern Illinois was expected to be another mid-major upstart this season, but their dreams were shot in Week 2. Smiley

We have a great group of young players - Not quite sure on Gill's coaching skills, but he brought in one of the best Freshman classes in KU history.

On to Georgia Tech! Let's beat them for a second straight year.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »

The Mountain West would be very improved in this scenario, but I'd still like to see Kansas in the Big 10 or SEC. Granted, we have a terrible football team, but hey, you need a couple schools to beat up on each year. Wink Plus, imagine having a conference with Kentucky, Florida, and Kansas in it for college basketball?

One thing, tbh - I think Kansas would honestly be better for the Big 10 than Connecticut would be.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »

Yeah, the problem with Kansas, from what I've read, though, is that state politics will prevent Kansas from leaving Kansas State behind, so they'll have to find a conference that will take both.
Incorrect. Wink I thought it must be some sort of requirement, but in reality, the two schools are just wanting to work together for now. Created a lot of stress last summer with all the conference switching.

Luckily, Gray-Little (our chancellor) has now said that if a conference shakeup does occur, Kansas will only act in our best interests. So I'm sure, if the Big 12 is dead, Kansas will be doing it's part to make sure we're in a major conference. Luckily for us, we make a much better case than K-State does. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

What a crappy game. Sat their from start to finish, and was very unimpressed. Wasn't this supposed to be the game of the century?

Apparently all the commentators are calling it a great game. Meh. Maybe I would have liked it more if 'Bama won.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »

The Turner Gill era is over.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 10:11:52 AM »

This needed to happen for a long time.  I'm not necessarily a Jayhawks fan, but I believe Coach Gill was bringing down the quality of the overall Big 12 conference.
Haha, yes. Well, this was our first real opportunity to ditch him, since it'd make us look bad to fire someone after their first season. I'd like to get Venables, personally. We'll see. We have great facilities and tradition, so I think we can get things turned around.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »

I'm elated. Kansas hired Charlie Weis.

Press conference is about to start. If anyone wants to watch it, follow this link:

http://www.kuathletics.com/allaccess/?hq_e=el&hq_m=238033&hq_l=13&hq_v=632de96817
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 10:03:23 PM »

I don't think the Weis hire is as bad as some people are making it out to be...
Completely agree. Who'd they expect us to get, Lombardi? Wink

- Weis brings enthusiasm to the KU base - others can hate all they want, but a good majority of KU fans are ecstatic about this hire, myself included.

- Weis looks to also be bringing him a 5-star quarterback in Crist, who is visiting Kansas this weekend. He has one year of eligibility left. I'd say there's about a 90% chance he comes to Kansas. This immediately takes us from winning 3-4 games next year to having a great shot at becoming bowl eligible - we'll have one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

- Weis can recruit - offensive players want to play for his spread offense. Just a flash of those Super Bowl rings would be enough to sign a lot of players. We'll need to pick up a great defensive coordinator, though.

- Weis isn't really looking for a promotion - he's already said Kansas will be his last stop. Even if he's only here for 7 years or so, he'll be leaving Kansas in much better shape than it is today, which means we'll be able to attract a better coach.

- He hopefully will put names on the back of the jerseys. (A key issue to the Jayhawk faithful)

People criticize that Florida's offense wasn't great this year - Weis had to handle a bunch of players that didn't know his spread offense, rather, they were fit more towards Meyer's offense, which is completely different.

People criticize that his stint at Notre Dame wasn't good - then, he had to hire assistants that he didn't know. Now, after spending years in both the NFL and college, he has plenty of connections. Notre Dame also has ridiculously high expectations, and on top of that, their academic standards make it difficult to recruit.

So yeah, for the first time since 2008, I'm actually looking forward to the start of the next football season. Wink

Rock Chalk!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies