Atlasia -vs- The Former Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:55:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia -vs- The Former Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia -vs- The Former Pacific  (Read 3509 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: June 21, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »

It seems the Private Message function is disabled, so I'd like to express my willingness to 'vote' regarding certiorari here to my fellow Justices.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:28:27 AM »

Who exactly is respondent in this case?

I would like to explore this - if we find that the action of 'abolishing itself' is not constitutional, is not the government of the Pacific still in fact extant, and thus eligible for the role of respondent?  I would like to read both sides argument on this question.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

cont.d

The Court should probably, just to remove any lingering confusion, explicitly deem nul and void this attempt at reestablishing government in the unincorporated territories, as it did not come from the citizens of the region, and also on account of the unconstitutional language in paragraph 8.

There's been no case brought before us regarding the issue to which you refer.

Huh? You what, Napoleon? The way the case is setup at current, there is no respondent. That needs fixing.

Do you wish to submit an amicus brief arguing about the interpretation of the title of the case, Lewis?  There is a respondent listed there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:41:47 AM »

With all due respect, I don't think that lawsuits work by filing a suit and then waiting for a defendant to emerge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_judgment
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »

With all due respect, I don't think that lawsuits work by filing a suit and then waiting for a defendant to emerge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_judgment

That applies to situations where a defendant has been named and failed to appear, not situations where the litigant expects someone to appear to claim the title of defendant.

Thank you for your amicus brief, stranger.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 07:31:41 AM »

The Court unanimously rules in favor of the plaintiff and that the most recent constitution -'the Final Constitution' - violates IV.1-3 of the federal Constitution and is thus invalid.  The Court orders the voiding of said 'Final Constitution' and the restoration of the Fourth Pacific Constitution. 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies