Police shoot and kill 83 year old woman for no reason (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:29:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Police shoot and kill 83 year old woman for no reason (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police shoot and kill 83 year old woman for no reason  (Read 925 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: October 03, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »

They did it allegedly because "she walked to another home and pointed her weapon at them", so it's not "for no reason".  It may not be a GOOD reason, but it's certainly a reason.  It's not like they just randomly showed up to her house and shot her.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »

They did it allegedly because "she walked to another home and pointed her weapon at them", so it's not "for no reason".  It may not be a GOOD reason, but it's certainly a reason.  It's not like they just randomly showed up to her house and shot her.

But the thing is, she hadn't fired any shots. To my knowledge, officers of the law may not use violent force unless the suspect has used it first and has put lives in danger. So while it wasn't for 'no reason,' it certainly wasn't for a good reason.

That is not correct.  A person does not have to have used deadly force before action can be taken.  If there is apprehension of imminent harm, action can be taken.  If the harm is not deadly (or reasonably could be deadly), deadly force cannot be used (If a person is slapping someone or about to slap someone, police can intervene with force but not deadly force); if the harm is deadly, the police can use deadly force.  So if there is imminent deadly harm about to occur (in the police officer's reasonable mind), the police can use deadly force.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:36:32 PM »

Anyways what would a f***ing 83 year old woman do with a handgun ??!! Are there any people in the US, any at all, that do not own a gun ? I'm coming to a level where I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that a gun is delivered to every kid entering kindergarten and an assault rifle is the present of choice for an 8th birthday... Seriously...

Excessive hyperbole much?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

Anyways what would a f***ing 83 year old woman do with a handgun ??!! Are there any people in the US, any at all, that do not own a gun ? I'm coming to a level where I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that a gun is delivered to every kid entering kindergarten and an assault rifle is the present of choice for an 8th birthday... Seriously...

Excessive hyperbole much?

He's not American, so I give him the benefit of the doubt here. I've heard that Europeans stereotype Americans as being cowboys and gunslingers, actually.

Assault rifle for an 8th birthday?  No... he's being a drama queen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies