Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:03:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee - FAREWELL  (Read 9801 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: March 11, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »

Labor is center-left in the context of Atlasia.

Atlasian politics =/= real life politics. In real life, literally every party aside from the Democratic-Republicans (which would be center-right) and Labor (which would be Left-wing) would be center-left. Yes, even the Federalists. Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »

Labor is a large party with diverse viewpoints represented. If someone is Vice Chair, its because that person is a respected leader within the party, not because the rest of us want to make all of his wildest dreams come true.

This is absolutely the case. Labor is a big-tent party of the left; we have Marxists and moderates, we have Proudhonists and Progressives, we have liberals and Leninists. But at the end of the day, we are a coalition of people who want what is best for Atlasia, and we think that means a policy on the left side of the debate (however that is defined) rather than the center or the right side of the debate.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »

Labor is a large party with diverse viewpoints represented. If someone is Vice Chair, its because that person is a respected leader within the party, not because the rest of us want to make all of his wildest dreams come true.

I was referring to the Labor platform rather than the fact that Senator TNF was Vice-chairman of the party.

The platform was adopted with 0 no votes and 1 abstention.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »

Would anyone like to join me on the Platform Committee?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »

LABOR IS STILL WORKING
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

1) DemPGH
2) Flo
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »

Flo, I'm not trying to be a jerk (although, perhaps more importantly, I'm not trying not to be a jerk), but this question needs to be asked: Why did you contest our primary if you weren't prepared to accept its result?

Because I believe I am the best person suited for Governor.

Besides, this party fits me, whether I'm elected or not I'll still re-join Smiley

Provided we allow someone that has such flagrant disregard for our party's nominating process to rejoin, that is. Quite frankly I have a bit of a problem with using Labor as a vehicle for election when it's convenient, and then dumping us whenever it's not.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »

Has the office of General Secretary been abolished?

Not to my knowledge. It is however, vacant as per the resignation of Snowstalker.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »

The problem with the platform process has always been that literally no one (aside from Nix) seems interested in helping me develop the party program, and then when I roll one out, then people decide to complain about it. For my part, I suppose I could do a better job of reaching out to those with an interest in developing the party platform, and for that, I apologize. But when I do do that and no one responds, I do tend to get kind of irked when everyone rails against it when it's presented to the whole party. One would think that such an important document would be worth at least some input from the party membership, and that I wouldn't have to constantly harangue members of the Labor Party for their input, only to receive almost none every time we go through the process.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies