Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:55:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Transition Team/Cabinet Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transition Team/Cabinet Thread  (Read 90494 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 07, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »

LOL. It (meaning a Drumpf-presidency) won’t happen.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »

Flynn wouldn't get past the Senate with his issues. The others seem likely.

Flynn is ineligible for the Pentagon. As provided by law, you have to be out of active duty for seven years (I think it’s seven). Unless the law is changed, he can’t even be nominated.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:46 AM »

I wonder that former Senator Scott Brown isn’t mentioned at all for a cabinet post? He also came out early to endorse Mr. Drumpf. A wildcard: He becomes Secretary of State.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 09:41:52 AM »

No surprise. Defense is going to be interesting. He should pick Ayotte instead of Sessions, because it looks like it’s going to be a cabinet of old white men anyway.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »

I'd put money on Giulani getting thrown to the curb- the stories about him doing paid speeches were clearly briefed by people. As much as I dislike him at least at State he'll be stuck on a plane

The question is: Does the Trumpster actually care?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »

Nevertheless, no women will be in the key positions of the cabinet. State, Defense, Treasury, Justice and Commence. All of them will be old white men. Sad!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »

I haven't heard much about Rudy these days? So he's (hopefully) out?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:08:01 AM »

Justin Sink ‏@justinsink  2m2 minutes ago
Robert Gates, who called @realDonaldTrump "unqualified and unfit to be commander-in-chief," just showed up at Trump Tower

Veterans Secretary? Informal adviser? I doubt he'll return to the Pentagon. I guess Gen. Mattis is almost safe for Defense.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »

LOL, Carson at HUD. Maybe he can build some pyramids to store grain.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »

So, the Trumpster will have only three women including Haley at the ambassadorship? Sad! The only one is I see as of now is Brewer at the Interior Department.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »

For someone who think's he's smarter than the generals, he certainly likes him in his cabinet/inner circle.

Nah, he won’t allow anybody in the cabinet who is smarter than him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »

The problem with Tillerson, in my judgement, is not even that he’s moderate towards Russia. I’d actually prefer someone who is not a war hawk and who likes to talk rather than fight. It’s for sure difficult that he’s politically inexperienced, but I assume that a dude like this is able to learn that business. So, that’s not the biggest problem. The biggest problem I see is that he has potential conflicts of interest. Here we have a dude who has been a life-long employee of ExxonMobil. So I guess he is very loyal to (t)his company. Nothing bad with being loyal to a company in particular, but it may become a problem if he switches from the CEO’s chair to the State Department. ExxonMobil is world-wide operating player. If Tillerson is at the State Department, every decision, every trip, every recommendation to the president he makes will raise the question whether it was aimed to benefit his former employer and its business interests around the globe. The Trumpster for his part doesn’t seem to understand this, or he simply doesn’t care. Or both.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »

Sad! He should be Secretary of Entertaining.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »

Let alone the fact that several dudes the Trumpster selected for cabinet posts have zero political experience, I think it is DEVASTATING that as of now he only appointed two women to real cabinet positions. Two! And not even important departments. I mean, it’s not that there are no competent women… Sad!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »

Education is not such an important department at the federal level since education policy is actually a matter/responsibility of the states. State, Justice, Treasury, Defense, Homeland Security and Commerce are the important posts, especially the first four I mentioned. All of them are going to be old white men.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 10:52:56 AM »

-Trump then met with Bob Gates, who recommended Tillerson. Gates' recommendation appears to have been key in Trump's decision.

I view Robert Gates as one of America's finest public servants.  Six presidents agree, including Obama.

I don’t know whether it’s rumors; but I heard the Trumpster only rejected Romney because he refused to apologize. No idea whether that’s the actual reason he picked the oil dude.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »

Almost the entire Drumpf cabinet is a nightmare.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »

Politico Playbook says Sonny Perdue is the leading candidates for Agriculture.

LOL, because he hasn’t enough old white men. Sad!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

Fun Fact: Trump is the first president since Carter to not have a Hispanic member of his Cabinet.

I’m not surprised by this. Perdue is probably not the worst choice and not somebody who worries me. But he should have picked Abel Maldonado. I think it’s troubling that 80% of his cabinet members are old white men. Actually sad, because we’re a more diverse nation. Especially the number of women should be significantly higher.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »

Fun Fact: Trump is the first president since Carter to not have a Hispanic member of his Cabinet.

I’m not surprised by this. Perdue is probably not the worst choice and not somebody who worries me. But he should have picked Abel Maldonado. I think it’s troubling that 80% of his cabinet members are old white men. Actually sad, because we’re a more diverse nation. Especially the number of women should be significantly higher.

Oh my God, give me a break. It shouldn't be troubling at all that he picked his cabinet in the way he did. Race and gender aren't a qualifier to becoming a cabinet secretary. I wouldn't want a cabinet formed up of people that were only selected because of race or gender. The only people that should be in the cabinet are the people that can help implement what the President wants to do and that is what Trump did.

But having 80% white men is unlikely by chance alone. So either:

1. The best people that can help implement what the President wants are predominantly white men.
2. There was an unconscious racial & gender bias in the selection process.
3. There was an explicit racial & gender bias in the selection process.
4. It happened that way by random chance.

You think 1 is that case, I assume. But any of 1, 2, or 3 is troubling and sad, as he said. 4 is possible but pretty unlikely.

Agree with emailking.

America is a diverse nation; we have 13% blacks (ok, ge got Carson, so that’s not bad), but more than 17% latino/hispanic. At least half of the US population are women. A decent number of citizens is under 60 years old. And all the Trumpster got are two or three women and a black guy and the rest old white men (at 54, Mnuchin is one the youngest). Come on. Shouldn’t the cabinet in some ways represent the diversity of this nation? I agree that selections should be made based on competence and integrity. But out of all these women, latinos and dudes under age 55, including many Republicans, there is nobody else capable for these jobs? Give me a break.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies