WinDis Polls - 1: Abortion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:36:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  WinDis Polls - 1: Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Poll
Question: What is your position on abortion?
Pro-life

Pro-choice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: WinDis Polls - 1: Abortion  (Read 11805 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

Jeez, you guys.  Look, if you don't like abortions, then don't get one.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2010, 07:57:26 PM »

Jeez, you guys.  Look, if you don't like abortions, then don't get one.

Unfortunately, with Libertas around, things will never be that simple.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

Besides the point. Many people deny that the fetus should be entitled to the rights of an adult human. From the perspective of an atheist libertarian, there isn't really any sensible reason why they would be.

Why not?  I've never understood why an atheist automatically has to be pro-choice.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »

Besides the point. Many people deny that the fetus should be entitled to the rights of an adult human. From the perspective of an atheist libertarian, there isn't really any sensible reason why they would be.

Why not?  I've never understood why an atheist automatically has to be pro-choice.

And I've never understood why a libertarian automatically has to be conservative. That's just the way the world works, I suppose.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

And I've never understood why a libertarian automatically has to be conservative. That's just the way the world works, I suppose.

Uh, what? Who said a libertarian "automatically has to be conservative"? Huh
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:40 PM »

Uh, what? Who said a libertarian "automatically has to be conservative"? Huh

You seem to be trying your damndest to preserve fusionism.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2010, 08:45:49 PM by SE Legislator PiT »

You don't automatically have to be anything. I just don't see there being any compelling reason for an atheist to be pro-life, at least from the perspective of a liberties-based world view.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2010, 08:45:34 PM »

You don't automatically have to be anything. There just isn't any compelling reason for an atheist to be pro-life, at least from the perspective of a liberties-based world view.

Um, it has nothing to do with religion. You either believe in basic human rights, or you don't.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »

You don't automatically have to be anything. I just don't see there being any compelling reason for an atheist to be pro-life, at least from the perspective of a liberties-based world view.

I misinterpreted your statement.  Sorry.  Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2010, 09:03:31 PM »

You don't automatically have to be anything. There just isn't any compelling reason for an atheist to be pro-life, at least from the perspective of a liberties-based world view.

Um, it has nothing to do with religion. You either believe in basic human rights, or you don't.

We've been over this before. I believe in "human rights" because of a specific feature that distinguishes us from animals. It makes sense to me to think of it that way, since there must be some reason that we have rights & animals do not. Now, fetuses do not possess this specific feature...see what I'm getting at?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »

Pro-life.

I am surprised that 42% is currently Pro-Life. That is probably higher then the National Average when talking about policy.
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »

Pro-life.

I am surprised that 42% is currently Pro-Life. That is probably higher then the National Average when talking about policy.

Actually, no. Recent Gallup polls have shown that more people identify themselves as pro-life than pro-choice.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

Pro-life.

Actually, no. Recent Gallup polls have shown that more people identify themselves as pro-life than pro-choice.

Maybe, I haven't really been paying attention to recent polls on issues, just candidates. I do recall polls from like 2005 and 2006 that had Pro-Life in the high 30's and like 50% Pro-Choice. The numbers have definately been going in our direction. Which is a good sign. Its probably one of the few issues were the Generation coming up is more Conservative then their parents, on everything else though, thats a different matter entirely.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »

I can guarantee he won't.
Electric Feel
ElectricFeel
Rookie
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -0.06, S: -5.13

« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2010, 12:27:43 AM »

I like freedom so pro-choice.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2010, 01:01:19 AM »

I like freedom, too, so pro-life.  Wink
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2010, 01:56:39 AM »

We've been over this before. I believe in "human rights" because of a specific feature that distinguishes us from animals. It makes sense to me to think of it that way, since there must be some reason that we have rights & animals do not. Now, fetuses do not possess this specific feature...see what I'm getting at?

Yeah, and once again, you want to believe in an arbitrary definition of humanity because it supports your personal agenda. Sorry, but you can't force your beliefs on others.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2010, 02:23:58 AM »

Yeah, and once again, you want to believe in an arbitrary definition of humanity because it supports your personal agenda. Sorry, but you can't force your beliefs on others.

I don't want to force my beliefs on the issue on anyone. That's why I'm pro-choice. Smiley
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »

I don't want to force my beliefs on the issue on anyone. That's why I'm pro-choice. Smiley

Good, so am I. I fully support a woman's right to choose whether to have sex or not. Smiley
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2010, 02:41:21 AM »

good ownage there. Wink
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »

what specific feature? We are talking about a development here of a being that is already human even if there is not as much intelligence or what have you. isn't it at least only a matter of degree rather than a difference in kind?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2010, 02:42:28 AM »

good ownage there. Wink

Yeah, PiT was owned pretty badly. I'm glad you are here to comfort him.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2010, 02:44:45 AM »

good ownage there. Wink

oh please. he got you there. If you can't admit that then you take this stuff to seriously. Everyone gets burned once in a while. It just happen to be you this time libertas.
Electric Feel
ElectricFeel
Rookie
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -0.06, S: -5.13

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2010, 02:45:32 AM »

Please, guys, this argument never goes anywhere. NEVER.

Please stop.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2010, 02:47:19 AM »

good ownage there. Wink

oh please. he got you there. If you can't admit that then you take this stuff to seriously. Everyone gets burned once in a while. It just happen to be you this time libertas.

Except I didn't get "burned". Learn how to follow a conversation please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies