"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:53:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."  (Read 5852 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 14, 2016, 12:22:37 AM »

This was a very stupid quote.  True, coal miners are not a very large group in America anymore, but this soundbite is going to turn off a lot more voters than just them.  Other blue collar workers are going to hear this and be turned off by Hillary.  It's the message it sends.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »

Hillary may have just lost Ohio, along with West Virginia and Kentucky (I think Sanders was probably going to win them anyways).
I doubt it will matter in the primaries because Sanders isn't going to attack her over this.  He probably agrees.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:37 AM »

Oh my god.  Hillary threw away not just the election tonight but every state and local-level race east of the Mississippi.  Democrats are so screwed by this out-of-context quote.

How was it out of context?  She obviously meant it, look at her grinning!  She then realized she effed up big time and awkwardly tried to backpedal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies