mccain. wow.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:30:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  mccain. wow.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: mccain. wow.  (Read 2319 times)
CultureKing
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 12:36:51 AM »

Kansas is neither surprising nor that embarrassing but Washington is both.

how is washington suprising? You have to remember that the Republican party in Washington is pretty extreme, remember how they gave Pat Robertson a win in 1988, his only win as I recall. The reason McCain did so well in 2000 was because the democratic race was already decided and there were many people switching to vote in the republican caucus.

I guess it isn't too surprising if you consider the "nuts" in eastern Washington but are they really that sizable?
As part of the Washington GOP, yes they are. The GOP in Washington basically is Eastern Washington plus Lewis couty (a county that seems to be angry at the fact that while it is in Western Washington it doesn't have any water-front real estate). Eastern washington is about as conservative as the pan handle of Idaho (with the exception of Spokane, which is more moderate)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 12:52:24 AM »

lol @ Paul almost winning Washington.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 01:00:47 AM »

How the hell did he do so well in Washington? It was his best state by a good 6% or 7%.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 01:05:25 AM »

I guess it isn't too surprising if you consider the "nuts" in eastern Washington but are they really that sizable?

The Washington GOP is among the worst in the country in many ways.  Terrible organization, incompetence at all levels, and fields awful candidates.  They are pretty much the entire reason why Washington is a swing state and yet the Democrats control absolutely everything.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:32 AM »

How the hell did he do so well in Washington? It was his best state by a good 6% or 7%.

So very close... it would have been great to see him finally get a win.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 01:39:02 AM »

McCain will end up with more delegates won tonight than Huckabee. While losing Louisiana, by keeping Huckabee under 50%, he "won" all the delegates. In Washington, he will get at least half of them I suspect. That leaves the Kansas caucus state for Huckabee.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »

McCain will end up with more delegates won tonight than Huckabee. While losing Louisiana, by keeping Huckabee under 50%, he "won" all the delegates. In Washington, he will get at least half of them I suspect. That leaves the Kansas caucus state for Huckabee.
Only half of Washington's delegates were awarded tonight, and also it is proportional so McCain will not be getting a large number of delegates from Washington.

The republicans and Democrats of Washington did their respective parts.
politicaltipster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 05:57:15 AM »

McCain really needs to start campaigning otherwise he could do badly in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Losing a state where he had a 25 point lead in the polls must be a wake-up call. I don't think he could lose the nomination but he needs to get to 1,100 delegate so he can move to the centre as quickly as possible and not have to worry about CPAC, NRO or any of the other organs of the right.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »

McCain really needs to start campaigning otherwise he could do badly in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Losing a state where he had a 25 point lead in the polls must be a wake-up call. I don't think he could lose the nomination but he needs to get to 1,100 delegate so he can move to the centre as quickly as possible and not have to worry about CPAC, NRO or any of the other organs of the right.

He was only ahead by that much in the primary which is still yet to come where he could still do that well.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »

McCain will win Virginia as the Demographics are too much in his favor except around Lynchburg which is a stronghold for the Christian Right. However that's too little to count.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies