50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:03:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50+ Cruise Missiles just launched and hit Syria  (Read 20688 times)
Hollywood
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »

This is all about an approval bump - and judging by some of the spineless responses from anti-Trump posters in this thread, it's going to work.

What a bunch of suckers. Roll Eyes

^^^

It certainly looks as though it feels good to cheer on and pretend that this is meaningful in any positive way, though. God bless those troops! God bless American values! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Is this not good?  Have Democrats changed their story?  Is this not what's good for the world?  Assad crossed Obama's "Red Line".  Donald Trump just attacked Syria for crossing the "Red Line".  He just attacked a Russian Ally.  What the F### is wrong here?  This morning, leading Democrats were criticizing the President for not taking action... for not attacking... for criticizing Obama for not reacting in a similar situation.  What the F### happened in the last 18 hours?  

Oh that's right.  Partisan Hackery happened.  
Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »

For the record, I fully support this.

I hope my fellow leftists don't go back into full reflexive isolationist mode.

I guess naive leftism really does devolve into neoconservatism in the end - empirical fact exists in the social sciences after all.

Being lectured about naiveté and the empirical foundation of my field of study by an economist is pretty hilarious.

Lectured? Its one sentence dude. Social Science is only a field of study for the gravely under-educated undergraduates.  Study all you want.  Some people actually apply the principles of social science.  
Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »

I disagree with your overall point, but yes, the hypocrisy is disgusting. I'm noticing among former Cruz and Rubio people, there is universal support. Also copious references to Israel for some reason. With Trump folks, it's evenly split. The younger white male Trump guys all seem to be pissed. The older woman Trump supporters I know are on the "wave that flag" bandwagon right now.

That's just my anecdotal social media survey.

Trump is Trump.  The Republicans are Republicans.  Conflating the person with party is folly.
Hollywood
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:21:55 PM »

I guess naive leftism really does devolve into neoconservatism in the end - empirical fact exists in the social sciences after all.

Being lectured about naiveté and the empirical foundation of my field of study by an economist is pretty hilarious.

Lectured? Its one sentence dude. Social Science is only a field of study for the gravely under-educated undergraduates.  Study all you want.  Some people actually apply the principles of social science. 

And now for some critical theory...

No my friend.  Its just criticism.  Critical Theory is just a to describe analysis.  I would have thought someone that studied social sciences in undergraduate school was aware of this distinction.
Hollywood
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »

Lectured? Its one sentence dude. Social Science is only a field of study for the gravely under-educated undergraduates.  Study all you want.  Some people actually apply the principles of social science. 

And now for some critical theory...

*game
First one who mentions Nash wins poseur of the year

I love dinosaurs!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies