Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:43:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 113804 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2017, 01:34:58 AM »

This.

I went to this really rad video game/comic/general nerd shop about half an hour away from school with my friends today and it was really awesome. I've been in a genuinely good mood for the last few weeks consistently. Still some down moments, but they are much fewer and further between. I'm enjoying the little things more.

That's quite a coincidence.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »

This.

I went to this really rad video game/comic/general nerd shop about half an hour away from school with my friends today and it was really awesome. I've been in a genuinely good mood for the last few weeks consistently. Still some down moments, but they are much fewer and further between. I'm enjoying the little things more.

That's quite a coincidence.

Didn't notice it quoted that too. I thought it was part of his sig. I edited my post now Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »

I make a point in making sure I'm never without cigarettes. I buy a pack before they close even if I have three or four left just to ensure if I get stuck up all night I won't be going crazy from nicotine deprivation at least.

I'm not deprived, just prefer cigarettes over pipes.

But pipes have that academia vibe.  You'd be more highly rated as a TA if you smoked pipes more and cigarettes less.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »

Ripped off Buttigieg in an e-mail coming out to my parents (even though I've already done it to my mom). I feel like I should probably cut some of it, and also that I'm going to throw up, have a heart attack, and die at the same time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2017, 03:29:13 PM »

I've figured it. Just like the urban legend about women and their coworkers who end up on the same cycle in an office, so are Atlas posters with their mental health. Notice that Carl's spirits are lifting a bit at the same time as mine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2017, 03:30:56 PM »

Wrote lousy 2 pages, which means I hot another low.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »

I can't really do any more genealogy work. Considering folks in 19th century Appalachia and Louisiana aren't the best at keeping records on the whereabouts of white trash indentured servants. And I can just tell that literacy is a very recent development in my family.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »

Ripped off Buttigieg in an e-mail coming out to my parents (even though I've already done it to my mom). I feel like I should probably cut some of it, and also that I'm going to throw up, have a heart attack, and die at the same time.
I sent it, after realizing I don't have much to lose (at least, not from this directly). Best case scenario: The folks let me transition. Worst case scenario: The folks ignore it and I have to pretend to be a dude for the next 2 1/2 years, like I was going to originally, except now I don't have to deal with the awkward coming out thing - I already did it.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2017, 07:47:35 PM »

Chemistry class is exceptionally boring when something you already know is being explained
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »

I sent it, after realizing I don't have much to lose (at least, not from this directly). Best case scenario: The folks let me transition. Worst case scenario: The folks ignore it and I have to pretend to be a dude for the next 2 1/2 years, like I was going to originally, except now I don't have to deal with the awkward coming out thing - I already did it.

Congrats!
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »

Massive kudos for having the courage to come out!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »

Good luck.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2017, 08:18:12 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2017, 08:25:14 PM »

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »

The lack of documents is driving me freaking insane. I need to know EVERYTHING
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »

Thanks!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »

Just wondering: Is that, like, possible?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »

Literally? Probably not.
Figuratively? Easily.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2017, 09:59:15 PM »

It actually is an established Thing for your heart to give out while you're vomiting; it's one of the possible final outcomes of bulimia.

Anyway, congrats, Peebs.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2017, 12:59:18 AM »

I can't really do any more genealogy work. Considering folks in 19th century Appalachia and Louisiana aren't the best at keeping records on the whereabouts of white trash indentured servants. And I can just tell that literacy is a very recent development in my family.

How far back have you gotten? Have you had any luck with Census records?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2017, 01:27:30 AM »

Can't sleep Sad

We need a similar meme for Trump.. How about:  спасибо Trump!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #498 on: March 02, 2017, 03:39:26 AM »

Congrats, Peebs, hopefully that turns out well. Smiley

I just experienced the same thing last night. Not good!
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #499 on: March 02, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »

Congrats, Peebs, hopefully that turns out well. Smiley
Thanks!
Also, it seems they haven't read it yet, so I guess the end line of it ("Quitting the male gender/safety for Lent") isn't cold turkey. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies