Which drugs do you think should be legal for personal use? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which drugs do you think should be legal for personal use? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which drugs do you think should be legal for personal use?
Alcohol

Tobacco

Marijuana

Heroin

Meth

Cocaine

Crack-Cocaine

Barbiturates

LSD

Magic Mushrooms

Ecstasy

Amphetamines

Salvia Divornium

Mescaline

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which drugs do you think should be legal for personal use?  (Read 36304 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 29, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

I always wondered this...
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:10:32 AM »

I've used alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, shrooms and salvia. i would like to one day try lsd, mescaline and ecstasy. i would never do any hard drugs, however...

i've never understood the hatred and fear of drugs such as shrooms and lsd... they are far less dangerous and far less addictive than tobacco, yet even on this forum (which i overall consider a fairly liberal forum), many think they should still be illegal, including those who think tobacco should be legal. i don't think i'll EVER understand that...
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:00:10 AM »

Just Alcohol and Tobacco - both age restricted.

Man, when did I get so conservative Tongue.  Hey kids - keep off my lawn...

Why not marijuana?

I always ask this, but when there has been proof time and time again that is less dangerous physically and psychologically than alcohol and tobacco, I must ask again. Especially to those who are otherwise fairly liberal socially... it just personally makes no sense to me.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:12:46 PM »

I'd illegalize heroin, cocaine, crack, tobacco, amphetamines, barbituates, meth, and ectasy. All are highly addictive and/or highly dangerous. I'd legalize alcohol, LSD, shrooms, marijuana, salvia, and mescaline.

That's a good list except perhaps I would flip MDMA.  I wonder how much of the addictiveness of ecstasy tablets has to do with the adulterated stimulants added to them.

MDMA in itself is not addictive. The only deaths reported from PURE MDMA usage came from dehydration because people were dancing at the club too much. However, it is very difficult to find pure MDMA these days. MDMA should be legal. The tablets, however, are very unpredictable and scary, and each one is different. No one knows whats in most of them... quite a disturbing thought.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »

Alcohol: yes - 19 years old
Tobacco: yes - 19 years old
Marijuana: yes - 19 years old     
Heroin: yes (tightly controlled) - we are talking paper work
Meth: HELL no       
Cocaine: no        
Crack-Cocaine: no    
Barbiturates: as is        
LSD: no. reduce penalties though.
Magic Mushrooms: yes - 21 years old       
Ecstasy: no....i mean......i guess use it for things like couples therapy       
Amphetamines: for personal use only low dose dextroamphetamine products
Salvia Divornium: yes - 21 years old     
Mescaline: yes - 21 years old
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEGALIZE DMT

I don't know about those buddy.

I would love to elaborate on any of these if anyone disagrees.

Heroin:
- would reduce gang-related violence
- purity would be known (less overdoses)
- addicts won't have to hide the addiction......can get help
- less potent opiates would be more common......more potent opiates would be less common
- Use would decrease

Every time I have done magic mushrooms - it substantially improved my life. Took mushrooms. Analyzed my life on em.  Quit smoking. Stopped being dumb with alcohol. Made my room cleaner than it had ever been. Declared my major.  There is no come down. Felt happier in the following 3-4 weeks than I have ever felt.  I have never felt such love for life. Best decision i've ever made.

Without major prison reform making those 2 HARD drugs would be disastrous.

Keep it simple with Marijuana, those other hard drugs are not good for anybody period.  Why make it easier for young people to get hooked on them or access?

Healthcare rates would skyrocket and insurance rates would also go up.

Then again you are more left then me, so we can agree to disagree on these types of issues.

Actually......it would be harder for young people to access them if legalized. It is currently easier for an 18 year old to get coke or LSD than it is to get alcohol. The supply of illegal drugs is not restricted to an age bracket right now. Also........mushrooms and prison should never be used in the same sentence and everyone should try mushrooms at least once in their life. People on mushrooms are not a threat. They are creative, open-minded, and in most cases more respectful than while "sober".

I like you as fellow dem, but you sound pretty far left.

Hard drugs should never be legal period. 

Mushrooms aren't hard drugs, they're psychedelics. Hard drugs are ones that are very damaging and addictive such as crack, cocaine, heroin and meth. Mushrooms are harmless. The only psychedelic that carries risks is LSD, and that is simply due to the risk of a flashback trip, which could strike at anytime.

On another issue, who else is sick of those stupid anti drug commercials that make it look like weed destroys families and relationships? Ironically, my dad and I bonded over a blunt a few weeks ago. It was the first time I ever smoked with him (or for that matter, anyone in my family), and we had a great time, discussed politics and life, and then ate a lot of food later, lol.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 03:31:27 PM »

So tobacco and alcohol don't alter your brain?

Alcohol yes

Tobacco not really.

Hell iam addicted to NOS energy drinks, which is like a nicotine addiction in a way.  But I wouldn't compare it to being hooked to Meth or LSD..

Hope all of you know that by making these drugs legal you would pretty much kill any chances of a well ran Gov Healthcare or the system we have now.

Let me clarify this, so there are no further questions. LSD is not addictive. LSD is not addictive. LSD is not addictive. You can not be hooked to LSD. There. Still don't understand?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies