No Scrubs III: Hillary Rodham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:30:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  No Scrubs III: Hillary Rodham
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No Scrubs III: Hillary Rodham  (Read 964 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »

Upon defeating President Ann Richards in 2004, President Rudy Giuliani engrossed the country in an unpopular international War on Terror. Moved to act, Virginia Attorney General Hillary Rodham, the former First Lady, and former top Justice Department aide to Ann Richards, decided to throw her hat in the ring for Virginia governor with one big campaign promise: "I'll resist Rudy!"

Stay tuned
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:39:27 PM »

QUEEN!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:31:41 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 08:10:51 AM by Progressive »

2005 Virginia Election

Democratic Primary

Hillary Rodham  54.7%
Tim Kaine          45.3%

In the Democratic primary, Virginia Attorney general Hillary Rodham defeated Lt. Governor and former Richmond Mayor Tim Kaine. Rodham won big in northern Virginia and along the coast, whereas Kaine won the area around Richmond and western Virginia.

General Election

Governor
Hillary Rodham (D)    52%
Jerry Kilgore (R)           46%

Lieutenant Governor
Leslie Byrne (D)     51%
Bill Bolling (R)        49%

Attorney General
Creigh Deeds (D)    53%
Bob McDonnell (R)  46%

The state of Virginia will be led by two Democratic women: Governor-elect Hillary Rodham and Lt. Governor-elect Leslie Byrne.

Up next: Governor Rodham's Virginia Agenda
MycroftCZ

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:19 PM »

THIS. IS. AWESOME.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:10:58 PM »

So is it Hillary Rodham or Hillary Clinton? You have both in the 2005 VA results.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 08:10:18 AM »

Fixed to reflect that the Gov-elect is not named Clinton. She and the former President are divorced.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »

Looks interesting.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »

HILLARY'S VIRGINIA AGENDA

"President Giuliani and Republican extremists in Washington won't take care of the good, hard-working people of Virginia. But I'm happy to say that I will stand strong with Virginia's working families."

Virginiacare

Virginia Gov. Hillary Rodham (D) and Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) announce support for each other's respective universal health care systems. Gov. Rodham pledged by the year 2008, all Virginians would be covered by state-subsidized private health insurance.

Veterans First

"Countless Virginia veterans are being sent to fight President Giuliani's wars in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. And while I support the global effort to conquer forces that threaten our freedom, I don't support the current system which denies our veterans and their families a good paying job and decent home. That's why, starting immediately, all Virginia veterans will have a right to shelter, and will be eligible to participate in our Virginia Veterans First job placement program," said Gov. Rodham.

Healthy Kids Healthy Minds Initiative

The first in the nation, the Virginia Healthy Kids Healthy Minds program will provide state aid to school districts that expand the academic year into the summer, including free breakfast and lunch for students from low-income families.

UP NEXT: Hillary makes a splash, and the GOP digs in.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 05:51:30 PM »

WINTER 2006: RUDY BUNGLES IRAN INVASION

On a frigid winter night in early February 2006, President Rudy Giuliani announced a widespread invasion of Iran, including a ground and air-based mission to remove the ayatollahs and Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Upon invading Iran, numerous U.S. planes were shot down. At the night's end, over 100 U.S. troops were killed in what was considered one of the most bungled military operations in recent memory. Iranian intelligence had wind of the invasion and were prepared to fight back.

Reports swirled that Giuliani ordered the invasion agains the advice of cabinet, and without the consent of Congress. Majority Leader Bill Frist (R) and Speaker Deborah Pryce (R) were silent as this disastrous operation played out on TV.

Democrats pounced. Most Democrats pledged not to support funding for a War in Iran.

Meanwhile...

Virginia Gov. Hillary Rodham (D) took the extra step. "I call on President Giuliani and Vice President Thompson to resign effective immediately," said Rodham, Virginia's first female governor on NBC's Meet the Press. "While this war affects all Americans, it acutely affects Virginia. Nearly two dozen brave men and women killed last night had ties to our great Commonwealth, Tim. Two dozen."

"Well there you have it folks," said a shocked Tim Russet. "The Virginia governor. Calling for the president of the United States to resign. Mrs. Rodham."

NEXT: 2008 presidential prospects jump on the Rodham bandwagon--demanding resignations.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »

Amazing
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:03 PM »

SPRING AND SUMMER 2006
4,000 SOLDIERS LOST IN IRAN
ECONOMY STARTS TO SLUG

In a shocking speech to the American people live from the White House, President Giuliani marked the somber occasion of the 4,000th American death in the ground invasion in Iran. Democrats pounced on this moment, calling it a mission without a cause. Giuliani in turn blamed the deaths on Democrats in Congress. "The truth is, my fellow Americans, liberal political elites like Hillary Clinton or Rodham or whatever her name is now, want to fail. They want our men and women to go to Iran and to fail. Let me be clear, we are not losing this war, we are struggling in this battle. If Democrats begin to love our brave, courageous soldiers more than they hate me and my party, perhaps we can win this thing once and for all."

POTENTIAL 2008 CANDIDATES DEFEND GOV. HILLARY RODHAM

Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) called Pres. Giuliani's attacks "reprehensible." "The president must step down for the good of the American people," said Kerry.

Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) called President Giuliani "the most disgusting man to ever occupy the Oval Office. His wild, zany attacks on the fine governor from Virginia are uncanny and he must vacate the White House."

Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL): "Gov. Rodham is a good person and I consider her a good friend. Under no circumstances should her character be called into a question, especially by a president with so little of his own. While I believe the President must resign, the troops must come home first."

Other potential 2008 candidates include: Former Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT), Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM), Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN), Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D-KS), and others.

NEXT: 2006 MIDTERMS AND ONE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies