Which country has the best abortion laws in your view? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 02:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which country has the best abortion laws in your view? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which country has the best abortion laws in your view?  (Read 2249 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »

Countries where it is illegal except to save the life of the mother.

Pretty stupid to ask for specific countries considering there's only a few big deviations on the issue.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »

I don't know if the Vatican has female citizens at all. Isn't the state's population (lol) just made up of clergy and Swiss Guard?

Actually according to the UN stats, Vatican City is 52% female. There a some orders of nuns there, I know.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »

I don't know if the Vatican has female citizens at all. Isn't the state's population (lol) just made up of clergy and Swiss Guard?

Actually according to the UN stats, Vatican City is 52% female. There a some orders of nuns there, I know.

Of the 557 Vatican citizens in 2005, 74% were clergy of some sort (10% Cardinals, 53% other ordained, remaining 11% could include nuns, I think), 18% were Swiss guard, and 8% were lay people. Of those 43 lay people, most are probably male, but any spouses of male lay people can also be Vatican citizens, meaning there are probably a dozen or so women who any abortion-related laws could pertain too, not that there would ever be anywhere to get an abortion in Vatican City.

Yeah, I read that.

I was looking at these UN stats. They also list the total population as 784 in 2009, so maybe there has been a lot female immigration since 2005? Huh
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

Well citizens or not, there are women in the Vatican City. I would hope that the women who live there would be the sort to oppose abortion even if it weren't against the law.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »

It's moot, you can just go to Italy to get an abortion anyway.

Unfortunately. But hopefully things will change for the better in time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies