Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:15:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Atlas Forum Primaries 2016, Part 2  (Read 25265 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »

I guess I endorse Leinad's character, then.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2016, 08:05:04 PM »

Tallahassee, Florida:

"My friends, my fellow Floridians, and my fellow Republicans: I've never been one to beat around the bush or dodge the question. I won't waste your time and I'll get straight to the point: I am a candidate for President of the United States.

For the last eight years, we have watched the world around us fall into chaos. For the last eight years, we've watched our country crumble in every conceivable way, economically, physically, and morally. For the last eight years, we've watched helplessly and powerlessly as a hapless President with a pen, a phone, and a lack of regard for our Constitution has left us divided on racial and economic lines, and weak in the eyes of rising foes both at home and abroad.

The America decline began in January, 2009. Today, that decline begins to end. Today, we begin a journey that will be long, that will be challenging, that will at times be frustrating. But we will win. We will win because our campaign will expound upon the values that we share as Americans: faith, family, freedom, and flag.

We can and we will overturn the anti-Christian decisions of the Supreme Court, who have time and time again legislated from the bench against the will of the people as they strip away the sacred right to life and redefined marriage. We will work to find a sensible solution to immigration, in which the benefits of citizenship will be reaped by the deserving and the wrath of justice will be reaped by the criminal class. We will secure our borders first, but then, we will open them up in a orderly fashion to continue taking in those who share our values, who seek a better life for themselves and their descendants, and who will help fuel the future growth of our nation. We can have immigration reform without open borders. And we can have immigration reform without embracing the nativist swan-song of those who seek to take us backwards, not forwards.

We can and will reform our tax code to promote commerce and entrepreneurship, so the great engine of American capitalism can continue to propel us forward into a rapidly changing future. We can and we will repeal and replace Obamacare to present to the American people an affordable, free market based plan that can satisfy every need and overcome every obstacle that the so-called Affordable Care Act cannot begin to address.

In the words of Ronald Reagan, government isn't the solution. Government is the problem.

So today, as we begin our campaign, I ask you to join me. I intend to be the Republican candidate for the Republican nomination. But I cannot restore our party, and then, our country to it's rightful place as the world's brightest beacon of freedom without your help. I'm asking for your blood, sweat, toil, tears, time, and prayers. And I know that together, we can accomplish everything we set our minds to and more.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America!"

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2016, 08:08:33 PM »

Post reserved to be done in 2 hours or so.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:33 AM »

Governor O'Houlihan's Schedule:

- 2 angry tweets (to be released after the debates) (2 tokens)

- Barnstorming in Iowa (10 tokens)

- 2 stops in Iowa, and one in NH (5 tokens)

- Q+A in Iowa (5 tokens)

- Visit to Paris to show American solidarity after the attacks (1 tokens)

- Press Conference in Paris (5 tokens)

- 1 positive, 1 negative ad in Iowa (5 tokens)

Spent tokens: 33, saving 7 for next turn

Governor O'Houlihan's Debate Responses

To begin, I want to thank everyone for being here, and to, Mr. Wells of the Atlasian Nightly News, for hosting this debate. I am so enthusiastic that we are starting off this election with a real debate about the issues facing our great nation. But before I talk about that, I want to explain who I am. My name is Samuel Fogle O'Houlihan, but everyone just calls me Sam. I was the oldest of 8 kids born to an first-generation Irish family. After my dad died, I was forced work nights at the local Ford factory to help put food on the table, while I was going to high school. I'm running because my story is the American story, and so many American families have been forced under the same conditions I was and I want that to change. So I ask you, to join my campaign to challenge the oligarchy of the establishment and fight for the working man.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What a great question. I am so happy that just down south in Lexington, they passed some of these great provisions for the working man. Which, I can safely say, were taken from my work as Governor up in Michigan. Within my first 2 years in office, I raised the Michigan minimum wage to $10 an hour which allowed thousands of Michiganders to put food on the table. As President, I will seek to raise the national minimum wage to $10 an hour which will allow both businesses, and working families to thrive.

The Media is the biggest example of the corrupt establishment. The American people are tired of hearing about drama and want to hear about what is going on in their country, not what the elites at the top want them to hear. All my life I have challenged the powers that try to oppress people, and this is just another example of it. I will stay talking about how to fight for working people, and not cow-toe to the media and their corrupt ideals.

I am very glad you bring this up. The threat of illegal immigrants is something I seen the disastrous progress of here in Michigan. If we are to defeat this scourge, we must first admit it's a problem, which many even in my own party are refusing to do. As President, I will end the H1B Visa program to favor American workers over those from other nations. I will also ensure that every single immigrant who commits a crime in our nation is promptly deported. And I will increase I.C.E. funding so they can adequately handle this threat. At the border, we will follow Israel's example and build a wall across our Southern border.

Yes, the debt is a problem. But growing our economy and creating jobs will be the major focus of my administration. I will not cut Social Security and Medicare, in the hopes that we can instantly give that money to China, at the expense of the American worker. To cut the deficit I will engage in serious tax reform to not only give Americans tax breaks, but also to take tax loopholes away from the wealthy elite, like the carried interest loophole.

I do not know much about Peebleton, but from my small interactions with her, she seems like a fine and decent person. I wish her and the rest of her Democratic colleagues the best, when I defeat them in November.

Ms. Harmon was very nasty in her attacks on me, but she can say whatever she wants. My tweets and expressing my first amendment rights is none of her concern, and I would suggest instead of lambasting me, she should focus on her own failing campaign. I stand 100% behind everything I say, and do not regret if someone misconstrues the intention of my statements.

So, Atlasia you have a choice now. I am the only candidate who has fought against the corrupt elite and won, and will not stop until every since Atlasian is able to reach their god-given potential. My colleagues are good people, but they lack the ability to adequately challenge the threats that many working families face every day. I can, and I will if I am elected your President. Thank you.

(will add details tomorrow, my stuff was deleted so I just had to redo everything. Thanks!)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2016, 03:04:12 AM »

Father James N. Wilkinson Schedule

Fundraising - 4
New Hampshire - 6 (a visit each day except the Lord's)
Advertisements - 9 tokens in total:

Attack ad on Ethan Berkowitz: "Senator Berkowitz may tell you he's on your side, but he's obviously a globalist shill. Real America knows it, and it's about time New England voiced their displeasure with being represented by pathetic people like Berkowitz! I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."

Attack ad on Abraham Washington: "We need new leaders, not someone who combines the names of old leaders. He says he'll bring change, but look at New York: Governor Washington has sold out on the working class, sold out on the Church, and sold out on everyone. I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."

Attack ad on Laura Rummel: "[rap] Low Energy Laura is really sad/a vote for her would be really bad/all her bills have been ineffectual/she even supports the homosexuals! [/rap]. I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve these dope rhymes."

Balance - 1

Father James N. Wilkinson Debate Responses

"America has abandoned our values. We are a nation that fears God and always has, and we need to preserve our culture, and our moral integrity. I'm running because we are a nation that hasn't just left our values, but we've gotten hostile to them. Other candidates may believe in America, but none of them can defeat secularism and bring America back like I am prepared to do."

"We need to raise the minimum wage to help our workers. These far-right cronies think that businesses can pay someone next-to-nothing. Work all day in the factory and you can barely buy a stick of gum. Do they have no sense of morality? Of what America is about? Of giving your fellow American a helping hand? It's a travesty, along with the scourge of globalism that they support. Our government--and for far too long this party--have been engaged in a war against the American worker. And it ends here!"

"The news media has been horrible to me. They listen only to my detractors, without seeing that the American people are really behind me! All because I don't subscribe to their godless agenda. 'Unfair and disrespectful' doesn't begin to cover it!"

"I think it's time we had a place for Americans, and a place for God. We keep letting these un-American cultures ruin ours. Immigration is fine, but it needs to be tightly limited, and we need to build a wall to secure the border."

"Lowering the deficit is important. We need to be good stewards of our money. As far as the budget in general--the rich aren't paying their fair share, and we're getting killed by these globalist trade deals. Tariffs, tax increases on the wealthiest among us, and demanding pay to support other countries militarily will cover the many things we need to spend money on: aid to the poor, border security, universal healthcare, and massive infrastructure rebuilding.

"Emily Peebleton is exactly why I'm not a Democrat. A radical leftist who embraces the homosexual agenda, feminism, and Islam. If she wins the nomination I'm even more confident a Republican nominee targeted for real America would win."

"What a ridiculous question, stemmed from self-loathing fake Catholics who do the bidding of the liberal elite. You know what? I wanna see them try to kick me out, revealing themselves as nothing more that a pack of wolves in sheeps clothing--and"--*bangs fist on lectern*--"they want to devour you!"

"America: look into your heart. Look into your soul. If you support our values, you will support the candidate who's ready to take down the liberal elite and make an America that stays true to our God, our families, and our culture a reality once more. Thank you."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »

If you haven't posted your turn by now, it's too late. Better luck next time. Same goes for the debate. Turn 2 will start once I get tokens, polls, and news stories done. Harry Auldman, Nick Walsh, and Antonio Jasso will be able to campaign this turn. Expect tokens shortly.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2016, 02:00:26 PM by Left »

Now it's time to allocate tokens. Tokens will be allocated based on poll numbers, fundraising, and new endorsement points. You get more tokens every turn.

Samuel O'Houlihan - 100 new tokens, total 107
Abraham Washington - 64 new tokens, total 67
Ethan Berkowitz - 50 new tokens, total 90
Daniel Conway - 30 new tokens, total 80
James Wilkinson - 81 new tokens, total 82
Laura Rummel - 104 new tokens, total 113
Harry Auldman - 90 new tokens, total 90
Nick Walsh - 40 new tokens. Total 40

Emily Peebleton - 134 new tokens, total 142
Tsumiki Harmon - 53 new tokens, total 61
Brandon Korner - 64 new tokens, total 69
Susan Park - 54 new tokens, total 64
Bobby Jones - 140 new tokens, total 210

Antonio Jasso - 40 new tokens, total 40
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »

The polls for Turn 2 are taken before Turn 2's news events have an effect.

Iowa Democratic Caucus
Brandon Korner 27%
Emily Peebleton 23%
Susan Park 15%
Bobby Jones 13%
Tsumiki Harmon 12%

Iowa Republican Caucus
Samuel O'Houlihan 24%
Laura Rummel 15%
Harry Auldman 14%
Daniel Conway 12%
Ethan Berkowitz 7%
Abraham Washington 3%
Nick Walsh 3%
James Wilkinson 1%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Susan Park 25%
Emily Peebleton 21%
Brandon Korner 21%
Bobby Jones 15%
Tsumiki Harmon 6%

New Hampshire Republican Primary
Samuel O'Houlihan 18%
Ethan Berkowitz 14%
Harry Auldman 13%
James Wilkinson 12%
Abraham Washington 11%
Laura Rummel 9%
Daniel Conway 7%
Nick Walsh 1%

Antonio Jasso is an Independent candidate who won't be in a primary. I made some GE polls because of his candidacy, but I'm not sharing them.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2016, 02:45:14 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2016, 03:00:00 PM by Left »

Endorsements

Abraham Washington: Washington, Inc.
Brandon Korner: Russ Feingold
Susan Park: Tim Kaine, Terry McAuliffe, Patty Murray

Harmon Disappoints Supporters in Las Vegas

Before the Republicans debated this Friday, Democratic contender Tsumiki Harmon disappointed many supporters in Las Vegas when her tour bus ran out of gas on a Nevada highway. The bus was left stranded in the road, and after drawing lots, the bus driver was sent to get more from the nearest gas station twenty miles away.

Even more disappointing, when Harmon arrived the stadium was empty as all her supporters ad been kicked out. It turned out that due to a mistake by an intern, only two tokens were spent on the barnstorming trip instead of ten like campaigns are supposed to do, even after repeated warnings. This meant the venue for her speech was rented for only twelve hours instead of the planned twenty-four hours, and the supporters had to leave once time was up. This was also why not enough money was spent on gas.

Many were critical of the campaign's incompetence, most of all those who were kicked out of the stadium. “I was a strong supporter of Tsumiki Harmon,” said likely voter and schoolteacher Harriet Winslow. “Now. . . not so much.”

Debate Recap: Wilkinson Swells Controversy

Pundits generally agreed on the strongest performances in the debate. O’Houlihan exceeded even the highest expectations with his presidential, confident, and issues oriented presentation. Our political analyst Lana Robertson summed it up like this: “Everyone was expecting O’Houlihan to act like his Twitter account. I almost forgot he had one until it was brought up.” Meanwhile, Rummel gave a strong performance as expected, yet didn’t quiet the comparisons to Ron Paul that seem inescapable for her. Robertson said: “If you had to chose the voice of reason in this debate, it would be Laura Rummel, no contest. Yet she didn’t do nearly enough to draw a clear contrast between her and the other candidates, something which should have been easy to do.” Washington received some acclaim for his energetic style and focus on his record.

Many candidates on stage seemed to have a severe lack of presence. “There were so many of them, it was hard to stand out, and very few did,” says Robertson. One of the most lifeless and dull performances was that of Daniel Conway. “For a front runner taking center stage, he seemed to be sitting on the sidelines.” Robertson also indicated that when he did give an answer, it was “just plain boring and forgettable”.

While candidates stayed focused on the issues for a large portion of the debate, that doesn’t mean it stayed away from drama or scandal. All the candidates railed against the media, describing it as “horrible” and “corrupt”. And then came the candidate questions. While O’Houlihan handled his well and seemed to put the issue of his Twitter to rest, at least temporarily, Wilkinson’s answer to his question has been the cause of all of today’s election headlines.

Pope Francis on the phone with an American Rap Music Critic, discussing the quality of Wilkinson's viral advertisement against Laura Rummel. It was eventually settled that the rap had flow but a thin and generic beat, and priests shouldn't do that stuff anyways.

The immediate reaction of pundits was that Wilkinson seemed unhinged when asked about his Catholic priesthood, but the reaction of voters and the Catholic church diverged from that opinion in two separate ways. According to sources, one hour after the debate ended Pope Francis sat down with a small group of cardinals to watch it. Once they finished, they worked on a statement and released it at 3 AM: “We were willing to approach the issue of Father Wilkinson with an open mind, but he has decided that he will approach it with a closed an irrational mind. His actions and words are unbecoming of a priest and cannot be tolerated. We are currently discussing the best course of action to take. There will be retribution.”

We reached out to Father Wilkinson for a comment, but a source within the campaign said he is too angry to speak. Rumors have spread that excommunication is imminent, but they have been found to be baseless.

The voters see things differently from the Vatican. A YouGov flash poll after the debate found that 60% now think Wilkinson should be allowed to run (an increase of 10%) while 34% think he shouldn’t (a decrease of 4%). However, only 29% think the Catholic Church is in the pocket of the liberal elite, while 58% disagree.

We asked one voter in Iowa what she thinks of the election so far. “After watching that debate, I am strongly for Wilkinson,” said Laura Rummel, a baker with no connection to the candidate other than her name. “In fact, I’m legally changing my name so that I no longer have to share it with a disgraceful politician. And also because I’ve been getting annoying death threats from O’Houlihan supporters who think I’m the real Laura Rummel. Like, wrong number. I tell them the right one.” The interviewer suddenly remembered he had an important meeting and left, but not before Rummel said, “If Wilkinson wants to join my evangelical church, I’ll welcome him with wide open arms!”

Real life events:

Terror attacks in San Bernardino, California kill 14.
The Secretary of Defense announces that all combat roles in the US military must be opened to women.
The Paris climate change pact is agreed on, binding all nations to reduce carbon emissions.
Martin Shkreli arrested.
An arrest warrant is issued for Bill Cosby.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »

Please post your second turns here.  Here is a tip for you guys since you've been good candidates: if you are doing a negative advertisement it helps if you specify who it's against.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »

Internal poll conducted by PPP for Senator Park's Presidential Campaign
Nevada Democratic Caucus
Susan Park 23%
Brandon Korner 16%
Tsumiki Harmon 15%
Emily Peebleton 13%
Jefferson Galloway 10%
Bobby Jones 10%
James Gillot 8%

Positive Ad in Iowa - 2 tokens
Quote from: Restricted

Visit Iowa - 3 tokens

Barnstorm in Iowa - 10 tokens

Visit Nevada - 2 tokens

Visit New Hampshire - 1 token

Barnstorm in New Hampshire - 10 tokens

Fundraise in Virginia - 5 tokens

33 tokens used, 31 left.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2016, 04:45:06 PM »

I would like to extend my endorsement to Bobby Jones! Great man and a great figure for the working class in America!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

I would like to extend my endorsement to Bobby Jones! Great man and a great figure for the working class in America!
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2017, 01:07:55 AM »

(Huh. Don't recall seeing anything about it being 10 tokens...

*Reads token post a 3rd time*

oh. ._.  )

Official Press Release regarding Nevada Incident

Speech in California on San Bernardino incident: 11 tokens

Barnstorm in Iowa: 13 tokens

Barnstorm in New Hampshire: 11 tokens

Ad in South Carolina: 2 tokens

Total: 37:
Remaining:24
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2017, 02:52:21 AM »

Fundraising- 5 Tokens

Barnstorming in New Hampshire + Speech (11 Tokens)

"For too long the political establishment has taken us for fools, they have gotten rich out of us, while many of us sit idle by in poverty and despair, I seek to lead a political movement against the current Washington establishment, end free trade deals, and have the priories of the working man and working women fulfilled in government

Barnstorming in Iowa+ Speech (11 Tokens)

"Do they think, that our interests ought to be put down, the interests of the working class not heard in government, do they think we are dumb? Well let us show them, let us show them that you do not need to brought up with an income of 6 figures, to be hard working and successful, let us have a movement against neoliberalism, against free trade, against outsourcing, and a trade policy for our proud american workers, our proud american farmers."

Ad to be played in SC, NH, IA (6 Tokens)

"Now out here, in WV, we shoot guns, fly the american flag up high, and say a big fyck to big business to coal companies, to those who exploit our labor, while we stand idle by, those who make millions, while many of us be in poverty, we will with our rakes and shovels, take on big business, and have a government of labor, for the working man. Join in and vote for the good ol' gun shooting union man from the hills of WV and be art of that movement".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »

Reserved for schedule. Will be up tonight.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »

The Democratic debate will start sometime tomorrow, so please get your turn in by then. There's not going to be an extension this time, so if you miss the deadline, tough luck.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »

I was hoping I could do both the Dem debate and the turn simultaneously, but okay.
Turn 2
Two turns until Iowa
Balance before turn - 142 Tokens
5 Tokens - Fundraising
4 Tokens - 2 days campaigning in Iowa
2 Tokens - 2 days campaigning in New Hampshire
9 Tokens - 3 days campaigning in South Carolina
10 Tokens - Barnstorming in Iowa
10 Tokens - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
10 Tokens - Barnstorming in South Carolina
Total - 50 Tokens
Balance going into Turn 3 - 92 Tokens
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2017, 08:43:05 PM »

Schedule for Turn 2

Balance: 69 tokens

Fundraising: 5 tokens

Barnstorm in Iowa: 10 tokens

Speech excerpt:

Barnstorm in New Hampshire: 10 tokens

Speech excerpt:

Campaign Stops in Nevada: 2 tokens

Speech excerpt:

Campaign stops in South Carolina: 3 tokens

Speech excerpt:

Barnstorm in Michigan: 10 tokens

Speech excerpt:

Air positive advertisement in all states: 2 tokens

Used tokens: 42
Remaining balance: 27

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 02:54:31 AM by Intell »

Negative Ad. (3 tokens)

Tsumiki Harmon, a failed leader, if she can't even lead her failed campaign, how can she lead this country? Tsumiki failed her supporters, don't let her fail america.Vote Bobby Jones.

Negative Ad (3 Tokens)

Senator Brandon Korner, looking out for the people? Who cares about that? Brandon Kroner is Washington establishment, sad!, sad!, sad!. Appraising Senator Runmel, and her failed libertarian  ideology, appraising her bipartaniship  of tax cuts for the rich, welfare cuts, attacks on unions, and cuts to vital public services like medicare and medicaid. Senator Brandon Korner and Senator Runnel, both part of the failed Washington establishment, vote Bobby Jones, for the greatness of the democratic party, and the greatness of america!

Fundraising (5 tokens)

Barnstorming in SC (10 tokens)

Barnstorming in IA (10 Tokens)

Rally in MI with Union Workers + Speech (7 Tokens)

" The political situation in this contury is disastrous, for too long has the democratic party stood by as union workers were being shafted by the big banks. I say no more. For too long have we put up with RTW and Taft-Hartley, No More, No More and No More!"

"The situation in Flint, shows why the republican party's whole incompetence and their attacks on the poor in urban cities, must be fought against, and they must be fought against by the union movement, and for good pay, wages and work. It is only when we stand in solidarity with one another, support the movement of an america fulfilled in where workers have their labor be worth dignity, is an america that can be strong."

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 09:57:01 AM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

Total: 112 tokens

Barnstorming in Iowa: 20 tokens

Barnstorming in Nevada: 20 tokens

Visit New Hampshire: 2 tokens

Nationwide ad on Taxes: 2 tokens

Nevada ad on Land Use: 2 tokens

Iowa ad on Taxes: 2 tokens

Fundraiser in Wisconsin: 5 tokens

Total spent: 53 tokens

Balance: 59 tokens
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2017, 01:54:39 AM »

O'Houlihan Schedule, Turn 2.

- 2 Negative Ads in NH, one on Sen. Rummel and Governor Washington on "Insiders Stick Together": and one on Gov. Washington on "The Lack of Human Decency", and 1 Negative Ad on Rummel and Washington in IA on "Anti-Ethanol, Anti-Iowa, Anti-Atlasia"in IA (9 tokens)

- 3 Angry Tweets (to be edited in) (3 tokens)

- 2 Barnstorming Sessions in NH, 1 in IA

- Go to San Bernadino to meet with the families of the victims of the attack (15 tokens)

- Fly to Michigan for a hometown, statewide, family BBQ Fundraiser in Flint to show solidarity and the strength of Michiganders (11 tokens)

- Hold Rally with Endorsers (TBA) in New Hampshire Kiwanis Club (8 tokens)

- Hold Immigration Rally in Arizona on the threat of Terrorism from our Southern Border (9 tokens)

- Speech about Governor Washington's abhorrent slander and lies against me and my family. (5 tokens)

- Positive National Ad on "Believing in Atlasia Again" (4 tokens)

SPEND 89, SAVE 19

Again, I promise to add details (and words) to my speechs and tweets, but I have been doing homework for the past 7 hours and this was all I could do. I hope to have it done by tomorrow evening! Thanks all (and especially Mike)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2017, 04:55:54 AM »

Father James N. Wilkinson Schedule

Fundraising - 17 tokens
Barnstorming in NH - 60 tokens

Excerpts:

"I haven't been in elected office in over 40 years. This makes me the perfect candidate for this job: I've seen what Washington is like, but I'm no longer part of it. Anyone currently in the system will do nothing but hurt our country more--we've seen how much they've corrupted America, but also how much the system has corrupted them. Trust me--we can't afford to elect another career politician."

"Look at what happened in Paris. Over a hundred lives lost at the hands of radical Islam. And we've recently received the tragic news that more lives were lost in San Bernardino. Proof that it can happen here. Proof that we need a President who will stand against radical Islam and defeat it, for the security of the American people."

"I spoke with someone who lived north of the border, up in Canada. And he told me about what kind of things they're teaching their children. Secular government has won--their youth is being indoctrinated in the homosexual agenda. This is the reality for Canada, and the future for us if we don't stop it now!"

"Drug addiction is a terrible problem, especially up here. And some people want us to make drugs legal? What a terrible idea! We need to expand sentencing and crack down on movement through the borders--such as drug smuggling."

"Washington has been affected by the scourge of globalism. Our jobs--your jobs--are being given away, and our national sovereignty is being diminished by the global elite. I will stop this and make America American again!"

Ads - 5 tokens

(Neg.) "Samuel O'Houlihan tells you he's on your side, but he's not. The governor got in bed with special interests--like any career politician--and hurt Michigan bad! I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."

(Pos.) [dramatic voiceover] "This country faces many problems, and establishment politicians will solve none of them. Father James N. Wilkinson is the only candidate willing to solve these problems and restore national unity under American values, stopping the rise of secularism once and for all!" [/dramatic voiceover] "I'm Father Wilkinson and I approve this message."
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »

Okay, turns are now officially over. If you didn't get your turn in by now, then it won't happen.

So now the Democratic debate has begun. It will last 24 hours and the following candidates are invited to participate: Emily Peebleton, Tsumiki Harmon, Brandon Korner, Susan Park, and Bobby Jones. After the debate, I will determine one winner and one loser to receive an extremely temporary boost or loss in the polls.

Opening Statements

The recent attacks on San Bernardino and other similar incidents have highlighted the growing danger America faces from lone wolf attacks by self-radicalized individuals. What measures will you take to secure the safety of Americans?

There has been a recent influx of refugees from Middle East nations going through turmoil, especially Syria. How many of these refugees should we accept, if any at all?

The gap between rich and poor has been a topic brought up by many of you during the campaign. What steps will you take to reduce the growing income inequality in this country?

The health care plan passed in 2010, commonly known as Leipcare, has been highly controversial. Will you choose to keep or discard this law?

There has been an epidemic of overdoses from narcotics such as heroin. What will you do as president in order to help those affected by addiction?

(to Peebleton) The New York Post published an article just yesterday in which a man said that they knew you as a child - and as a boy. Is there any truth to the rumors that you are transgender?

(to Harmon) In a recent but well publicized incident your campaign made a series of errors leading to one of your events in Las Vegas not occurring. Is your campaign really as competent as you claim it is?

(to Korner) This election has so far shown a surprising amount of voters searching for an anti-establishment candidate to vote for. Does your large amount of political experience conflict with anti-establishment sentiments?

(to Park) Your detractors often claim that you used your family's influence to get ahead in Virginia politics. How do you rebuke those claims?

(to Jones) A recent advertisement that you made showed support for guns and included some adult language. Is this the sort of candidate that people should want to be president?

Closing Statements
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 07:28:00 PM by Dr_Novella »

Debate Night

Opening statement:

When my parents moved to America, they saw a chance at a new better life, a place where they could work hard and see the fruit of their endeavors, a place to start a family, knowing that their child had a chance at a better life than them. I was born and raised in this environment, and I strive to uphold that optimism that they raised me on. But for all the progress we've made as a nation, there are still those who wish to exploit this dream, to block it, and insure they and they alone keep all the fruit. I'm running for President because I can't allow that to happen.

I spoke recently near where the attacks took place for the the need to stand united. The worst thing we can do under such attacks is to give in to the fear they wish to bring about us. As for my actions specifically, my Administration would continue the work done by the FBI and CIA, whose intelligence work has managed to stop a number of similar attacks before anyone could be harmed. I will also reach out to the UN to get an international response against groups like ISIS who threaten not only the lives of Americans, but of people around the world. Terrorism is an international issue, and thus must be confronted internationally.

No specific number would ever be enough. Instead, I support a system to slowly bring refugees in who wish to enter America. With such a system we can bring people in without the risk of our infrastructure unable to handle the masses of people all at once. Ultimately, these people have had their lives torn apart by war, and for us to turn our head away, because fear mongers want us to think that they're all terrorists in waiting, would be to succumb to the very fear groups like ISIS want from us.

Any attempt to close the income gap must start with education. I would increase the federal aid offered to students, I support the idea brought up by some to make Community College free and would make that a goal of mine as President. Further more, I would also make it a goal of mine to get the federal minimum wage to $15 by the end of my first term. I could go on and on about the things we can do, but then we'd be here all night. *laughs*

When the bill first entered the House, I was a firm supporter of it, but as time went by we saw it scraped and butchered in an attempt by the right to weaken its ability to help the citizens of this land and weaken the stranglehold companies have over our health. My administration would slowly scrap the law, to be replaced with a new one similar to the original Leipcare law. One that can actually fulfill its promise of affordable health care.

It truly pains me to see millions of Americans suffer from the effects of narcotics like heroin. Too often, our policy is but to throw then into a cell, only to release them back into the world, no better than they were before. That will change under my presidency. Our policy towards addicts should be support, to rehabilitate so they may enter society again clean and free from their addiction. I would also target forces such as poverty, which has been shown to be a factor in people getting into narcotics.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again to put it to rest. My campaign has taken steps to insure such an incident does not happen again. I have apologized, and any candidate who continues to make an issue of it is simply trying to distract voters from what really matters, how we're gonna fix the problems facing America today.

Closing statement:

People from America, we need a progressive, populist candidate that will fight for you. The rich elite won't fight for you, but I will, because I am that candidate you need, and I hope I have earned your vote. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies