The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:41:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 18088 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: April 21, 2013, 04:42:58 AM »

At Large Senate Update

Hagrid
: 21 Inks, Miles, Anton Kreitzer, Realisticidealist, Siloch, JerryArkansas, NHI, Pingvin, Cathcon, Jack Enderman, JCL, Master Jedi, Ghost of Tilden, BMotley, A-Bobibble, Sjoyce, Angus, dead0man, cinyc, Homelycooking

Matt from VT
: 11 Maxwell, DC Al Fine, Spamage, Matt from VT, Oldiesfreak, SPC, Goldwater, Supersonic, Odysseus, Lumine Von Reuental, Torie

Napoleon: 14 Dallasfan, Badgate, NVGonzalez, windjammer, Jbrase, Earthling, Sbane, Tmthforu, Tender Branson, Spiral, Ebowed, 20RP12, Winfield, Solopop

Kalwejt: 10 Kalwejt, TDAS04, Sir John Johns, HPJ, Napoleon, Clinton1996, Fuzzy, JulioMadrid, Scott, Hashemite

Mr. X: 10 a Person, Idaho Blue Dog, Ben, Badger, Rejectamenta, Superique, smoltchanov, Vosem, BluegrassBlueVote, MOPolitico

MaxQue: 13 Averroes Nix, Californian Tony, Fritz, TNF, Ogre Mage, Nathan, Marokai Blue, Adam OABB, New York Express, Holmes, Thomas D, Lewis Trondheim, ilikeverin

Alfred: 8 Alfred, Hawkeye, Drj, Wyodon, McGovern, bore, Snowstalker, Snowball

Poirot: 1 shua

Invalid: Freefair, Dkolroga

Actually, Alfred is my first preference among declared candidates (though I forget why I did that).
Oh, and technically, since I wrote myself in, ilikeverin voted for me on the first count. And you're missing Al's exhausted vote (I suppose "blank ballot" is not the same as NOTA?)
So that's three errors on the three ballots I know without having to check. I just hope that rate of error isn't repeated in the remainder of the count. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »

If Hagrid had received two fewer first preferences that would have gone to Matt instead, with all else being equal, that puts him at 21 and Matt at 20.74 - however Hagrid would then have gotten surplus transfers that Matt would be lacking (and perhaps from elsewhere as well).
You'd have to check the ballots very closely to see whether Matt really gets ahead of Kalwejt. It's possible, the votes were *just about* there, but only with perfect transfer management really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies