Does this map make sense? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:03:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Does this map make sense? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does this map make sense?  (Read 1012 times)
diptheriadan

« on: March 26, 2017, 03:05:31 AM »
« edited: March 26, 2017, 03:17:02 AM by Dip The Riadan »

When the possibility of redistricting (I think that's what it is) of the South came up, I created this map. I thought about it some more, and the idea came up that this should just be a national thing. It simply makes sense for the corn-belt to be apart of the south and for the D.C metro to be apart of the North. There local cultures are more similar to those regions. Keeping our current situation or simply going through region-by-region wouldn't help solve this. So, I decided I was going to try out the making of a map. Here is it my rough draft:

diptheriadan

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 03:16:05 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2017, 03:27:00 AM by Dip The Riadan »

Are you proposing that we redraw all the states?  That seems like it would be unnecessarily complicated and wouldn't add any substance to the game.

Not so much proposing as putting the idea out there. Right now I think the only major benefit to doing this would be world building. That's the reason why I created this thread, to critique the map, have other people submit their proposals, finding the pros and cons to doing this project, etc.
diptheriadan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:31 PM »

One thing that I have thought about is possibly expanding the role of the GM. So my idea is that instead taking statistic from real life and applying them to Atlasia, The GM creates the statistics.

My two problems would probably be that the red state with NY and the magenta one in CA would be enormous population-wise, with some of the northern plains states smaller than most of the counties in the large ones.

I thought that for big city states like those, maybe the state government could be designed around metropolitan sovereignty. If that makes any sense. So you'd have in the magenta state a local government based out of San Diego, another out of L.A, another out of San Fran, etc. Ditto for the Eastern Red state.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies