Carson: Gravity, where does it come from? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Carson: Gravity, where does it come from? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carson: Gravity, where does it come from?  (Read 2784 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: October 02, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »

Honestly though, in my opinion, this is a terrible answer. The clear implication of his question is "we don't know yet... therefore God." If that is his reasoning, then he is a thoroughly uncurious person, which is the exact opposite of what a good President is.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

So any POTUS who believes in God is unqualified?  Because if you have a conversation with an atheist about the original creation, you're often accused of using "The God of the Gaps" for anything, even if you put forth an articulate reason why you believe a higher power is the simplest and most logical explanation for that phenomenon ... Screaming "God of the Gaps" is becoming almost as you-can't-prove-me-wrong-so-I'm-right as shouting "God did it!"

Who's to say someday we won't find a "gap" that actually can only be explained by the works of a being outside of space-time?  Endlessly posturing that there will always be a non-designer related answer to the ultimate question isn't exactly logical, either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies