Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:54:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)  (Read 15904 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »

I think we should continue with the old method for leadership elections. With all of the other things that need to be addressed at conventions, I'm not sure we should devote too much time to leadership elections.

Additionally, what if we adopted the same method for regional chairs, so they are originally appointed by the Chairman & then must stand for approval every four months? It might make party members feel more connected to their regional chair & more likely to respond to that person's PMs.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

Also, IRV is rather passe. What if we use Condorcet for the endorsements & hold a parallel vote to determine if a candidate gets the RPP tag on the ballot. Evil

Fine by me, as long as someone knows how to calculate the results. Tongue

I could handle that. Condorcet isn't that hard to tally up, just time-consuming.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »

I think we should continue with the old method for leadership elections. With all of the other things that need to be addressed at conventions, I'm not sure we should devote too much time to leadership elections.

Additionally, what if we adopted the same method for regional chairs, so they are originally appointed by the Chairman & then must stand for approval every four months? It might make party members feel more connected to their regional chair & more likely to respond to that person's PMs.

I'm one step ahead of you on that score. Tongue See section B, Clause 3 and section C clause 2 in my post above with the Leadership section. Only the Dean will not be voted on.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »

We could move the Leadership elections to occur after the election kind of like they do in RL. We use to do that at one point I believe, but it was changed.

I don't think it wise to change something that could create activity simply for lack of time alone. Especially when they can be done at a different time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

I thought about after the election, though I rejected the idea because I figured that it would just invite ridicule.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2011, 06:52:58 PM »

I thought about after the election, though I rejected the idea because I figured that it would just invite ridicule.

Since when should you care about ridicule..
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »

When a notion has a low ratio of upshot:ridicule, I have difficulty entertaining it. Tongue When in Atlasia, you always need to remember that anything that can be ridiculed will be ridiculed.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »

When a notion has a low ratio of upshot:ridicule, I have difficulty entertaining it. Tongue When in Atlasia, you always need to remember that anything that can be ridiculed will be ridiculed.

They'll find a way to ridicule you either way under that logic then.  I would think that the leadership should worry about ridicule within the party, rather than outside the party.  If general consensus is in agreement with the operation of the party then your duties have been fulfilled to the members.  You know far more than I do in regards to the party so I'll leave the PR to you and agree either way. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »

They'll find a way to ridicule you either way under that logic then.  I would think that the leadership should worry about ridicule within the party, rather than outside the party.  If general consensus is in agreement with the operation of the party then your duties have been fulfilled to the members.  You know far more than I do in regards to the party so I'll leave the PR to you and agree either way. Smiley

This is all you need to know to understand the caution. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=80405.0

It is "that" long. Tongue I suggest you start at the end and work your way backwards.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »

They'll find a way to ridicule you either way under that logic then.  I would think that the leadership should worry about ridicule within the party, rather than outside the party.  If general consensus is in agreement with the operation of the party then your duties have been fulfilled to the members.  You know far more than I do in regards to the party so I'll leave the PR to you and agree either way. Smiley

You also need friends outside of the party, which is something that folks like DWTL never understood.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 11:14:25 PM »

I need more input on the Leadership election. After or before Presidential elections? Approval voting or a different method?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2011, 11:50:58 PM »

My input is gogogogogogogogogogoggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »

My input is gogogogogogogogogogoggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were sorry but the database entry field won't take an answer that long. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

We'll do some more work on this either tonight or tomorrow. That was fun, Saturday. We kind of have to work on multiple sections at one time, becuase leadership planks will effect those in the convention section, which will effect the endorsement section.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

Damn, this is why this is so hard. I like to discuss things and there is no one to discuss them with. Tongue

Maybe free beer would do the trick? Free Weed? Evil Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »

What do you want to discuss?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »

I wanted more input on whether or not the leadership elections should be before or after the Presidential elections and what method should be used and what reasons that think that is the best way to do it. You have already given me this. I am, or better yet, was at the time still unsure. Though I think I have formed an opinion now, but I'd still feel more comfortable after hearing other opinions.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM »

I wanted more input on whether or not the leadership elections should be before or after the Presidential elections and what method should be used and what reasons that think that is the best way to do it. You have already given me this. I am, or better yet, was at the time still unsure. Though I think I have formed an opinion now, but I'd still feel more comfortable after hearing other opinions.

I actually like the way the US parties do it.  Best to have the leadership elections right after the Presidential election, or as soon as possible thereafter.  That is the time when the actions of the leadership at the national level would be debated.  Having it before diverts party attention from the real need to work on the federal election.  Once the election is done, the party as a whole can debate how they felt the leaders did.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »

That works for me, junkie.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »

I agree with Junkie. (I thought that is how we were set up already. Maybe not.)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »

So...are you guys running a ticket or supporting Teddy/Mechaman?  June is getting close, ya' know Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2011, 07:43:33 PM »

God damn, where the hell did May go? Yesterday was just May 1st, wasn't it? Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »

*cough cough*
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

What?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »

Well, we need to work on the bylaws, as well as hold leadership elections, especially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies