The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:50:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bernie Wing Takeover continues- Firebrand Morgan Carroll elected as CO Chair  (Read 560 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: March 12, 2017, 07:09:53 PM »

I like Carroll but I'm not sure she could be called a firebrand - she was the establishment candidate against Mike Coffman.

then again, she was very strongly anti-lobbyist and a strong enviormentalist.

Yeah. She stayed out of the primary fight and aligned with the Bernie faction seemingly in the run up to Nov 9.

But you know what? Personal characteristics are immaterial with this sort of thing; it's your backers who matter. So I for one am really happy that a Bernie-backed person is now State Chair
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »

Bernie bros gotta step up their game. We completed our hostile takeover in like six months. It's been like two years. Winning control of a state party in a state where Democrats tend to be more liberal isn't that big of an accomplishment.

You primaried some congressmen - we're taking over the organs of candidate recruitment.

I'm going to hazard a guess that prog-populism is going to doing a heckuva lot better in 2022 than TEA Partyism is doing in 2016

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:08:06 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 08:14:47 PM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

Bernie bros gotta step up their game. We completed our hostile takeover in like six months. It's been like two years. Winning control of a state party in a state where Democrats tend to be more liberal isn't that big of an accomplishment.

You primaried some congressmen - we're taking over the organs of candidate recruitment.

I'm going to hazard a guess that prog-populism is going to doing a heckuva lot better in 2022 than TEA Partyism is doing in 2016
Uh, who needs the party apparatus when the grassroots can remove and install their own choices? In the GOP, that has been the norm for years. In 2013, as a young Ron Paul supporter who just worked on a losing campaign, I was very excited by the ME GOP's Ron Paul faction trying to launch a national challenge to Priebus. It failed. It wasn't even a spark in the pan-the gunpowder never went off, the musket simply didn't fire. Three years later, another outsider running on a relatively paleoconservative platform managed to win the nomination despite sixteen other candidates, the entire media (aside from Fox News, which conveniently went from being anti-Trump to being pro-Trump on Inauguration Day), the intelligence services, and the largest political juggernaut ever assembled in American history. He won. The rest lost.

Plus, the Ron Paul movement successfully took the Iowa GOP in a much more divisive and hostile setting (without resorting to throwing chairs, I may add). It didn't last, of course, and neither will this when the Democrats decide a Booker/Castro ticket of milquetoast Clinton-esque liberalism take over the party and people like Morgan Carroll back them enthusiastically.

1) Trump only won because of those sixteen candidates, I wouldn't cite that as a point in your favor
2) Ron Paul =/= Trump. 2500 paratroopers about to deploy to Syria should tell you that. "Bomb the S**t out of ISIS" should've told you that.
3) Chair throwing was a lie, and a silly one at that.
4) You got 2ish states. We've got 5 and counting.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2017, 12:02:40 AM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

Your faction of the party doesn't control congress, unless you think Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are anti-establishment.  

Your faction of the party doesn't control SCOTUS, unless you think John Roberts is your friend

If you're a Ron Paul type, Trump is not your friend.

Have your wall, I hope it brings you joy.

Meanwhile, my insurgent faction within my party will actually be focusing on taking the White House, Congress, and SCOTUS back from the GOP establishment, which seems to have successfully duped you into thinking that they're on your side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies