What will IceSpear's reaction be if Hillary somehow wins WV?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:52:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What will IceSpear's reaction be if Hillary somehow wins WV?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What will IceSpear's reaction be if Hillary somehow wins WV?  (Read 524 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »

Imagine Hillary wins in a landslide, and while she doesn't quite reach the 46 states that Budowsky predicted, what if she ended up on top in West Virginia? How would our Hillary-loving, WV-hating friend react?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:27 PM »

He'd probably complain about the fact that she only won the state by a very narrow margin. "While the entire nation rejected Trump in a landslide, Hillary only won WV by 1!! Do we really need more proof that WV is a racist hellhole?!"  

Yeah, pretty much this.  If you're not D+1 or higher, you are a trashy redneck sanctuary to some liberals.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »

"LOL! Even the racists in WV knew Trump would lose, so they didn't turn out!!!"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »

If Hillary wins WV, it means she's winning every other state except maybe Oklahoma.

As for my reaction...if you told me today she won it with no context, I'd worry about what she had to do to appeal to those people. I'd probably guess that Trump died/was forced out somehow and a black Republican got the nomination at a brokered convention.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »

As for my reaction...if you told me today she won it with no context, I'd worry about what she had to do to appeal to those people. I'd probably guess that Trump died/was forced out somehow and a black Republican got the nomination at a brokered convention.

A black Republican wouldn't lose WV.

Most likely true, but what other possible scenario could Hillary win it? That's the only one that strikes me as remotely plausible. Maybe if a meteor strikes it that somehow disproportionately spares all the Hillary voters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »

Most likely true, but what other possible scenario could Hillary win it? That's the only one that strikes me as remotely plausible. Maybe if a meteor strikes it that somehow disproportionately spares all the Hillary voters.

Maybe it's 2008 and "those people" who were voting for grandpappy's Party of FDR hadn't died yet.
Rick Grimes
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »

Maybe it's 2008 and "those people" who were voting for grandpappy's Party of FDR hadn't died yet.

yeah thats true alot of the olds in WV were union democrats but they died of and alot feel betrayed by the democrats giving up on the region.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »

But for that we'd need a time machine, which doesn't strike me as especially realistic.

You're correct though that Hillary (and especially Edwards) would've delayed the inevitable for a little longer. But in the end, the Dems were going to have to eventually bite the bullet.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies