Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:28:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party  (Read 2352 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: March 01, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »

You've got to love how deranged Walker makes these people, It makes tea party rants about Obama seem sensible

Yes, the Scott Walker supporters truly are deranged, as evidenced by this very thread.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton said that standing up to Republicans in the 1990s prepared her to deal with ISIS.  Would she get a free pass on that or would the right wing go bonkers?  That's the media double-standard Republicans benefit from. 

Republican media protects their own, while the mainstream media gives Republicans the benefit of the doubt.  Even liberal bias sort of manifests itself like, "hey, what do you expect?  He's a credible Republican nominee for President, of course he's going to say crazy things  I mean, what do you expect, Republicans need to pander to idiots and seem mentally ill to win, right?."
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »

You've got to love how deranged Walker makes these people, It makes tea party rants about Obama seem sensible

Yes, the Scott Walker supporters truly are deranged, as evidenced by this very thread.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton said that standing up to Republicans in the 1990s prepared her to deal with ISIS.  Would she get a free pass on that or would the right wing go bonkers?  That's the media double-standard Republicans benefit from.  

Republican media protects their own, while the mainstream media gives Republicans the benefit of the doubt. Even liberal bias sort of manifests itself like, "hey, what do you expect?  He's a credible Republican nominee for President, of course he's going to say crazy things  I mean, what do you expect, Republicans need to pander to idiots and seem mentally ill to win, right?."
Are you kidding that "The Mainstream Media" gives Republicans the benefit of the doubt? MSM is  all Democrats.

Republicans say crazy things:

Obama:

There are 57 states.

You can keep you Current Heath Plan if you want to. Wait no you can't.

ISIS is the "JV Team".

Republicans can sit in the back of the bus(Yes Obama said that.): Imagine had a Republican said this it would be all over the news.

I don't have the power to Legal Status to Undocumented Immigrants by Executive Order.: Obama said this statement 22 times before he flipped on the issue.

There are different types of gaffes.

Everyone fumbles a word now and then.  We ask politicians to make thousands of speeches, often with little sleep or preparation, so eventually they will say something dumb.  The 57 states thing fits into that, he meant 47.  He's a Harvard educated lawyer, he knows how many states there are, obviously.  He just said 5 instead of 4, anyone could make that mistake.  And, I would apply the same standards to Republicans.  Democrats were actually very unfair to President Bush in blowing his verbal fumbles into a narrative about him being an idiot.

The other so-called gaffes you mention, I think those are just misinterpreting what he said.  That's another responsibility we all have, to listen objectively and try to understand what people mean. 

With Walker, I don't think he meant unions were as bad as ISIS.  I just think that quote shows his contempt for unions and his callow ignorance of foreign affairs. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies