Will Trump/Kim order a nuke strike? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump/Kim order a nuke strike? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Will Trump/Kim order a nuke strike?  (Read 966 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:14 AM »

I can't vote because I honestly don't know. Trump's opinion on the matter probably changes daily, possibly even hourly. As has been said, I don't think Kim will instigate. He's a dictator, but he seems to be more stable than our "dear leader" here in the US.

It's strange; because I lived in a rural area and grew up in the early 90s, many of our textbooks still overflowed with the fear of annihilation, as they had been written during the cold war proper. I remember being able to relate to the Golden Girls episode that had young kids worried about nuclear war. The late 90s were such a relief--Russia wasn't the enemy, and might even be a friend?--and now we're back to fear of annihilation.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »

Kim knows what he wants, he know what he has to do to get what he wants,  and I think he's a lot more stable than he seems. The only way I see Kim ordering a nuke strike is if Trump threatens him to the point that he thinks his regime is in danger of being overthrown.

Precisely. He seems to be very smart, honestly. Manipulative and deceitful, yes. But he's good at pushing but not pushing too hard too fast, etc. He loves his power, and he's smarter about keeping it than Trump is. Hence my earlier comment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies