Sun Myung Moon dead at 92 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:18:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sun Myung Moon dead at 92 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sun Myung Moon dead at 92  (Read 911 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

LOL and people say I belong to a cult when the pastors wear jeans. LOL!

Churches ask a lot more than an occasional donation. They fully expect you to give 10% of your income

Erm no. That's largely limited to just prosperity theology type churches.

and then they are constantly begging for additional funds for various side projects.

Depends on how you define "constantly" and not really much different from most organizations in that sense, political parties do send out fundraising emails for example.

They are all too happy to suck you dry if you let them. And they want to control your life much more than just on Sundays. You have to live the life to be a "true" believer.

...I've seen people from church at shows before where everyone is getting drunk and passing around weed at parties.

Jesus knows what you do behind closed doors and he does not approve. Better go confess before you get hit by a bus and end up in eternal damnation.

That type of theology could only be described as Catholic, which is kind of weird since most of the post prior to this was clearly based on some types of evangelical theology, so a bit of an odd twist here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies