40 Republican quotes about rape in recent years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:35:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  40 Republican quotes about rape in recent years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 40 Republican quotes about rape in recent years  (Read 1586 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 04:30:11 AM »

It is not about the "worshipping at the alter of the fetus". Do you support aborting a baby that would be otherwise viable? I don't nor can I justify any reason other then the health of the mother for doing so. It becomes easy at that point, because it is no longer about when life begins that gets into questions of religion in politics, it is entirely about science. If the mother ever has the power of life and death over her child it most certainly ends there, if not before. Last I checked, vast majorities agree and that is how the Late-Term Abortion ban was passed.

At the very least I support a broad health exception past the point of viability - but I also realize that abortion opponents are correct to argue that this effectively allows anyone who wants an abortion to have one.

The point of viability is a convenient and scientifically legitimate point at which to draw a line, but as far as I'm concerned the philosophical argument that viability is the primary criteria through which we ought to determine the moral standing of an entity falls flat.

Care to explain why?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies