jill carroll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:31:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  jill carroll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jill carroll  (Read 2953 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: March 31, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »

It seems like a situation that ended well and we should be happy for her rather than upset because this deprives the neocons a chance to stir up more hatred?. Roll Eyes
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:41:50 AM »

It seems like a situation that ended well and we should be happy for her rather than upset because this deprives the neocons a chance to stir up more hatred?. Roll Eyes

Hatred of whom?

Iraqis
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »

Hatred of whom?

Iraqis

Oh please, Beet.  Isn't it the neocons who told us what wonderful people Iraqis were, if only the yoke of Saddam Hussein were lifted from them?  How the Iraqis would in short order have a Jeffersonian democracy?

No, it's not the Iraqis in general, but al-Qaeda terrorists that we should hate.  When somebody is out to kill you, a little hatred of them can be quite a healthy thing.  The idea that we should give the benefit of the doubt to vicious killers who have attacked us, and want nothing more than to launch more attacks, is pure liberal idiocy, and moral equivalency at its worst.

I agree entirely with you dazzleman. I'm just pointing out the tendency to pounce on things vindictively when things like this (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/search?m=all;o=time;s=tom%20fox) happen but suddenly become suspicious and disbelieving when things like this (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/search?m=all;o=time;s=jill%20carroll) happen. The difference of course is that event #1 feeds into the hatred cycle perfectly while event #2 introduces unwanted complexity.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

Well I dont know who you were talking about... Tom Fox I would say was more expressing his religious convictions than making an anti-US statement. And given that a huge majority disapprove of the way things are handled now and a plurality of Americans favor rapid pullout, it's a question of who is really "on the side" of the American people. Carroll was primarily over there to cover events as a journalist.

Anyone who goes into Iraq takes responsibility because they know the risk, but it's easy to see why journalists and others would still have reason to go there. It's not like they're there on vacation.

In any case I've said what I've wanted to say
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 03:18:21 AM »

Nobody gives a sh!t if group A slaughters group B or vice-versa.

The point is that they're both enemies of America, or should ideally be.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 02:02:12 PM »

Boy was i wrong on on this one

At the time of my previous comments on this thread
1) I was unaware of her other comments besides the captors not abusing her
2) I was unaware all of the comments were made while in iraq, to iraqi parties

After learning of those things I thought she might change her tune when she got to Germany-- and she did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies