French legislative election 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:06:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French legislative election 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French legislative election 2012  (Read 80264 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: June 13, 2012, 03:04:37 AM »

And why is hotness a political parameter for you?

You're a woman, that's why you don't understand. Wink

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

So how much seats will the Tweetergate cost us?

What the heck is tweetergate? And when did -gate start to be used for political scandals outisde of the US? Tongue 
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »

Indeed. That's even sillier than I thought I'd be.
Well you can always trust the media to make a camel out of a straw.
Hardly think it'll make people switch from PS to UMP or FN. Maybe from PS to EELV. Tongue

EDIT: And I who got my hopes up this election would suddenly take an exciting turn.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 03:11:36 AM »

-In Europe the concept of a single person controlling executive and legislative authority is widely accepted. Let France be the example: the presidential election is what really matters, in which the quasi-monarch is elected. The legislative election follows not because it is a serious contest, but because it legitimates the president's power. The president's party is supposed to win the legislatives. If the elections were held at the same time, you could have a president facing an opposition parliament - which would be awkward indeed.
In the US the executive and legislative are supposed to be divided, which is why the timing of the elections means less. Ideally one type of election should not affect the other anyway.

Still I would expect people to vote for a majority for the same person they votes for president. I don't see why Hollande would have been more unlikley to win a majority on the day of the presidential than he is today. Well except the depressed turn-out among some right-wingers, but you can't really base an election dates on that you want lower turn-out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies