Do not underestimate Trump! We need a wildcard to defeat him in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Do not underestimate Trump! We need a wildcard to defeat him in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do not underestimate Trump! We need a wildcard to defeat him in 2020  (Read 1160 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »

And that wildcard is Represenative Hank Johnson of Georgia.

And this is precisely why he must be our nominee. Is he slow? Yes. Does he come across as completely unprepared and stupid? Yes. But he has potential, meme potential.

We gotta be honest with ourselves here: Trump won because of memes. He was the most memeable candidate in American history and those memes created a cult of personality. We can only defeat that with an even more memeable candidate who can create a foolproof cult coalition that will propel us to victory in 2020.

Hank Johnson has it all. He's a Washington insider who can get things done. He's form a blueing state. He can attract the Obama coalition and win. He isn't afraid to admit when he's wrong (apologized on the House floor for using the "m" word). But most of all: he's memeable. He will have a cult like following and the memes will attract more and more support until he's completely routed all other Democrats in media and online attention. From there he can absolutely run circles around Trump in a debate by staying completely in place (reverse psychology) and catching Trump off guard.

Go big or go home. Go Hank Johnson.

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 12:53:08 AM »

Isn't Johnson too far to the right on his position on Guam?

I mean, he's barely distinguishable from Trump - Donald wants to nuke the island while Johnson wants it to sink to the bottom of the ocean.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 01:02:01 AM »

I think he'd be a great choice. The debates between him and Trump would be beautiful, eloquent and amazing to watch. Give him a rock solid running mate like John Delaney and Paula Jean Swearwhatever, and he could be the one to take down Trump.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:34 AM »

My brain hurts. He is an idiot.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:54:21 AM »

Who?
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:32:18 AM »

My sides.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »

I think he'd be a great choice. The debates between him and Trump would be beautiful, eloquent and amazing to watch. Give him a rock solid running mate like John Delaney and Paula Jean Swearwhatever, and he could be the one to take down Trump.
While Sweatysack is a good idea for a running mate, I much prefer Russ "Feingold" Feingod myself.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »

We're going up against a President with a cult like following and a lot of meme potential. We have to adapt as a Party if we want to win in 2020.
Does anyone (other than a few bizarre redditors)  are about memes? This is all insane.

Most college meme pages have more members than the actual colleges have students.

So at least millennials are into memes.
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »

While Sweatysack is a good idea for a running mate, I much prefer Russ "Feingold" Feingod myself.
I'm not sure, I think Paula Swearingsailor would help Hank carry the very valuable state of West Virginia, and probably Kentucky too.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »

Democrats shouldn't try to out-trump Trump but rather get a candidate who is stronger than Hillary Clinton but able to effectively play at Trump's weaknesses. An outsider with insider experience.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Trump is so low that any old Democrat can defeat him.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »

Trump is so low that any old Democrat can defeat him.

I know someone who didn't
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »

I mean... I suppose if you want to run a Rep. with zero household name familiarity...
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »

I think Tammy Duckworth would be an iconic wildcard
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 11:02:05 PM »

Too many neo-Nazis in the comment section of that video. So he triggers stormf*gs, huh...

E N D O R S E D
politics_king
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 01:31:42 AM »

I agree, do not underestimate Trump. The landscape in 2020 could be completely different, we could've made a strike on North Korea and are in a standoff towards a World War, a scandal could come out that people were out to get him and he was cleared of the Russian Investigation which would put pressure on the his opposition as a bunch of "phonies" or "fake news". The man has done this for decades, he's everything we expected, a con-artist, a corporate shark, etc. He has no allegiance and that's the most troubling part about him. It's whoever can get him the best deal... Remember, "The Art of the Deal".

The worst part right now is he played the Democrats into this debt-ceiling deal, because now he can frame the argument as, "Look, I've worked with both sides. We did great things. Big things! Now because I don't agree with the deal they have in front of me. They want to attack me? Then why make a deal with me? They work with the media, I call, "Fake News" and try to sabotage me and you! The voter!" Trust me. He'll get better at speaking come re-election time.

You have to pay attention.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 04:03:20 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies