Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:20:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164228 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: August 07, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »

Membership: 2
Trolls-and-or-Frauds: 2

lol

joke party

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win"
-Mahatma Gandhi
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »

What do you win? This is a damn computer simulation. We can just set up a loyal Southeastern government.

And what constitutional authority would the Atlasian government have to do that? Unless unionists currently in the Southeast join Columbia and Columbia subsequently ratifies the Atlasian constitution. In that case, we will have succeeed in ridding those willing to stay in the Dirty South of Atlasian intervention. We will be able to make our own laws just like the Atlasian government makes their laws.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 05:19:16 PM »

What do you win? This is a damn computer simulation. We can just set up a loyal Southeastern government.

And what constitutional authority would the Atlasian government have to do that? Unless unionists currently in the Southeast join Columbia and Columbia subsequently ratifies the Atlasian constitution. In that case, we will have succeeed in ridding those willing to stay in the Dirty South of Atlasian intervention. We will be able to make our own laws just like the Atlasian government makes their laws.

Since secession is illegal, the Southeastern government becomes illegal the moment it approves secession. Power then passes normally to John Dibble.

This is a matter of logic:
If The Atlasian Constitution does not mention secession
and The Atlasian Constitution on two occasions grants all powers not given to the federal government to the regions and the people
then Secession is a right given to the regions and the people
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:44 PM »

The UAC disavows all ties with the new secessionist party and would like to remind said party that the UAC favors legal, multilateral dissolution of the federal government, not unilateral secession.

There is nothing in the Atlasian Constitution prohibition secession, and all powers not given to the Atlasian government are given to the people. Thus, the secession is legal.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

The UAC disavows all ties with the new secessionist party and would like to remind said party that the UAC favors legal, multilateral dissolution of the federal government, not unilateral secession.

There is nothing in the Atlasian Constitution prohibition secession, and all powers not given to the Atlasian government are given to the people. Thus, the secession is legal.

Stop being a damn broken record. Colin's sufficiently debunked your argument.

Please show me this argument.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »

Also I don't want to hear SPC talking like he knows the fucking Constitution. Atlasia's Constitution is not America's and his knowledge of it is probably a hell of alot less than mine. We aren't debating the meaning of phrases written down 200 years ago, these were written three years ago, mostly by Peter Bell with some input and advice from myself, Ernest, Al, and a few others. I also served nearly a year on the Supreme Court, 3 months of that as Chief Justice. I think I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Sorry, Colin. I was not aware that participating in a game earlier makes one more literate.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 06:15:06 PM »

What's happened in Atlasian/Dirty Southern politics since I've been on hiatus?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:42:29 PM »

What's happened in Atlasian/Dirty Southern politics since I've been on hiatus?

Lots. Andy Jackson beat you, & now Daniel Adams is running against him in his bid for re-election. I'm running for Senator against Bacon King. Bgwah & Afleitch are running for president. The party now has 18 members in total. There's probably other stuff that I'm forgetting. Tongue

It was quite ironic, since my own vote would have tied the election. Tongue Do we have our own presidential candidate? If not, then I suggest a mass NOTA protest vote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

Well the real-life U.S. allows the states to determine its own method of electing its own representatives and senators, as long as the actual election takes place on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November, or after.

This is another idea I had a while back. Let the governors administer the senate elections and the SoFA would just have to focus on President / Vice President.

^^^ this. The regions need to be in charge of senate races, not the government.

Thirded.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »

At this point I would probably support that.

Well yeah, that would be the sane thing to do.

If you did that it would not be a democracy.

But the region would be more active.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »

Something momentous has happened! Smiley With the appointment of Smid to the Northeastern Judiciary, a majority (10 out of 19 to be precise) of RPPers now hold public office!

What? Two governors, two senators, two lt. governors, one vice-president, one judge, one assemblyman, where does the other one come in?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:54:25 AM »

Sorry for the false alarm earlier, but now 10/19 RPPers are employed in public office. This includes:

4/5 in the Mideast
4/7 in the Southeast
1/2 in the Midwest
1/3 in the Northeast
0/2 in the Pacific

Who was the 10th office-holder, may I ask?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »

On the downside, their addition means that the RPP no longer holds  a majority of its party in public office.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

If Inks doesn't want it, I'll take the regional chairmanship.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »

If Inks doesn't want it, I'll take the regional chairmanship.

Hopefully you will be a Senator as well. Smiley

I do hope so, but if I have learned anything from my past six races, it is not to be overly optimistic.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:33:58 PM »

Do we want to take a stand on secret ballots?  I personally am opposed but is there support among party members?

I oppose them on the basis that it makes the game more vulnerable to fraud and less accountable.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »

Greetings! I just registered to be in this party! So I'm here to introduce myself, and say a mighty HELLO!
Smiley

Welcome to the party. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

Just wait to put up the platform, you'll be shaking in your boots.

Will you be displaying the part where it says our goal of Atlasian takeover? Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »

I have a question to the RPP in general. I see there is a national Senate election coming up. If I were to run, would I receive the support of the RPP, or would I be running against one of my own party? I know there are five nationally elected positions, but would it align with the party's goals that I run in this upcoming election?
No offense to yourself, but the party has determined the ceiling for our party electing candidates in the nationwide election is 2, and myself and SPC have already declared our intentions to run for re-election.  You may consider moving to a region such as the Mideast to run for senate in the next regional elections.

OK then. I will consider that. Why the ceiling of two, though?

We ran two candidates in the last election and both of us barely won. Any more and we would have certainly lost.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »

I probably shouldn't make logos for parties I'm not a member of, but I made one just for fun anyway. Tongue

Combination of Isaac's logo and this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

i actually like this logo.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 10:36:23 AM »

Alright, with DS legislature likely to pass, we have to decide who, besides myself, our candidates will be

Since we have a stronghold on the region, we don't we just permit several of our candidates to run for competitive elections?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

Funny that this may have been the event that changed Atlasian politics. I doubt anyone a year ago would have predicted a United Right, a United Left, and a United Center.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 02:21:12 AM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2009, 03:58:06 PM by Lt. Gov. SPC »

Before I finalize voting plans, does anyone know our exact number of voters?

40 total members, 30 active voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies