Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 01:20:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Pennsylvania "in play"..? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Pennsylvania "in play"..?  (Read 13579 times)
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« on: March 27, 2004, 10:36:17 PM »

The GOP has managed to take the conservative Dems and keep the liberal Reps.  I think that this year will be the "last gasp" of the Republican north.  Lincoln won with roughly the same states that Gore won, but liberal Republicans in IN and OH went with party over ideology, and NJ, DE, and MD dems already switched to being the liberal party.  That won't happen again after this year.

Also, suburbia has been trending liberal.  After being conservative strongholds for much of the late 20th century, the affluent suburbs are trending Dem.  Howard County, MD and DeKalb County, GA from '64-'88 are good examples of this trend.  I'm predicting a 5% shift from GOP to Dem in the formerly conservative suburbs this year, and another 5% in '08.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 01:14:33 PM »

Pardon my "french" here, but the notion that somehow we should ban foreigners from political discussion here is about as intollerant a ^&&^%%^$%$ing idea as I have ever heard.

Last time a checked the First Amendment, and a few other ideas I generally am rather fond of, held to the believe that an open discussion of all the fact led to a better democracy.

Ok.. call me a crazy Libertarian....

An argument stands or falls on the merits of the argument.

Gustaff (an excellent member of this community! - Go Gustaff!!)  and Seige make their  points, sometimes I agree, sometimes I do not, but regardless of the argument coming from Sweden, Latvia, or Mars, the argument carries the weight it deserves.. origin is irrelavant.

I rather enjoy the European perspective actually, it serves to remind me how important Jefferson's warning about limiting the size of government were!

Thanks. Smiley I have to ask why you consistently spell my name with a double 'ff' though? Just curious... Wink

I don't know if it makes much of a difference if I join in the general praise for your poll posts, but I will now anyway. Smiley

And we do have a problem of government influence...my dad was ranting about the fact that we're not allowed to have fires in our own backyards today...not exactly land of the free I guess. Sad

I can't have a fire in my backyard either, and I do live in the "land of the free".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies