Do we have souls? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:29:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do we have souls? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do we have souls?  (Read 7568 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:20 PM »

No, I don't believe so. Just an evolutionary accident that worked out pretty well. Any other explanation is very "human" in its conception, in my opinion. Once we die that's it, so we've got to live life to the fullest while we're here I think.

This! There is no scientific proof for souls. The only 'proof' is essentially people's opinions and words from a book.

In my opinion, I'm not willing to require verifiable proof for most everything else but not this concept. So no until legitimately proven otherwise for me.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2016, 04:43:43 PM by Virginia »

I've heard about a theory that the quantum physics could prove our consciousness can survive in some other dimension after we die. Since my knowledge about the quantum physic is next to nothing, I reserve my judgement. Still, even if it's true, I wouldn't call it a "soul".

Doesn't sound right. We couldn't even really verify that theory, either. Our brain is nothing more than a very complex biological computer.

I don't think there is any soul at all. Once we die, that's it. There is nothing more. Your memories, thoughts and being cease to exist. A hallmark of our sapience seems to be the thought that there is more, that somehow we are special and not just a bag of meat with a computer in our heads giving us the reality we perceive.

Sounds sad and/or lackluster, but all scientific evidence points to it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies