Liberal paper publishes favorable article on George Galloway (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Liberal paper publishes favorable article on George Galloway (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal paper publishes favorable article on George Galloway  (Read 3503 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: May 31, 2005, 12:02:48 PM »

The Memphis Flyer, our local 'alternative' newspaper published an article that referred to George Galloway as an "honorable" man and a "role model".

http://www.memphisflyer.com/content.asp?ArticleID=6&ID=7377

I have written a letter to them in response:

Dear Editor,

Charley Reese’s article “Galloway’s Way” published on May 27 is below your standards of integrity.

The article praises George Galloway as “being an honorable role model”, when he is nothing of the sort.  He is an admitted far-left extremist with disturbing ties to dictatorial regimes that violate fundamental human rights.

Mr. Galloway was expelled from the British Labour Party in May 2003 for “bringing the Labour Party into disrepute through behavior that is prejudicial or grossly detrimental to the Party”  This action occurred after a meeting between Galloway and Saddam where the member of Parliament was giving aid and comfort to the enemy. This wasn’t his first rise in support of the Iraqi dictator.  In 1994, he had another meeting with Saddam and hailed him saying “Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.”

Iraq isn’t the only brutal dictatorship that Mr. Galloway sympathizes with, he said in a 2002 interview with the Guardian newspaper that he supported the USSR and considers it’s collapse to be the “biggest catastrophe of (his) life”.  An investigation by BBC’s Newsnight program found that he had received payments of £195,000 (about $350,000) to give favaborale coverage of the Pakistani regime of Benazir Bhutto, which at the time was financially assisting the Taliban.

In 2005, he carpetbagged his way from Scotland all the way to the inner-city London district of Bethennial, Green, and Bow.   Galloway inflamed the latent anti-semitic racial tensions in the area to defeat Oona King, a black Jewish Labour Party member.

I suppose that’s what passes for “honorable” in today’s anti-war left.  I hope its not what passes for “honorable” in the Memphis Flyer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies