If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...should she be allowed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team...  (Read 5409 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: November 03, 2005, 10:58:17 PM »

Well, it depends. If men aren't allowed on women's sports teams, I don't see why women should be allowed on men's sports teams. It's not as though women are traditionally allowed in men's restrooms because they are "qualified" to enter them, or men are allowed to enter women's dressing rooms because they are "qualified". The word "qualified" can be interpreted in too many different ways, oftentimes to one's own convenience, for it to be safe to apply more liberally to different situations. If we're talking about a girl wanting to join a junior high school baseball team for boys because there is no softball team for girls, then that's not as significant an issue. If a woman wants to join a men's professional football team, then it really depends on how qualified "qualified" is.

BRTD, get a f**king life. Just because you cannot jack off to men doesn't mean that that ought to be the primary reason why women should not be allowed to join men's sports teams.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 10:31:04 PM »

I would hate to see football games get "toned down" because male players are afraid to clobber female ones. Even in karate sparring with mixed genders it's kind of a problem. Male students are more reluctant to strike at female ones, whereas female ones sometimes take advantage of that and get more aggressive. (I know this because I used to be involved in karate.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies