Chris Christie Rushed to Hospital
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:58:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chris Christie Rushed to Hospital
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chris Christie Rushed to Hospital  (Read 3060 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »

Chris Christie is as fat as an American caricature in a British film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgbSpmZyN7I

Why is that Real American wearing a Yankees hat? Very poor job.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »

I was very shaken when I heard the news. I am so glad that America's Governor is doing better. Of course, it comes as no surprise that so many here have remained their classless selfs in the face of a near tragedy.

...really?
Porky sure as hell isn't my gov'r. Or even Phil's for that matter.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

By the way, I don't remember others obsessing over the late Senator Kennedy's weight.  Roll Eyes

At the point that he ran for President he was fairly healthy except for the fact that he still had a drinking problem then. For the last fifteen years or so of his life it was clear that he was going to be in the Senate until he died anyway. I don't see how this is comparable.

Dying from gunshot wounds to the head is an illness that effects all major Presidential candidates, I'm afraid.

JFK realistically probably wouldn't have even seen sixty even had he not been shot. That man's back was such a disaster area that it practically qualified for EPA Superfund, and that severely dragged down the rest of his health. He also had really bad hormone deficiencies.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »

For the last fifteen years or so of his life it was clear that he was going to be in the Senate until he died anyway. I don't see how this is comparable.

So being a fat/unhealthy doesn't matter when you are one of the most powerful members of the U.S. Senate. Got it.

Let's be honest, people: Christie's weight is an "issue" because people don't like him politically.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 03:47:21 AM »

For the last fifteen years or so of his life it was clear that he was going to be in the Senate until he died anyway. I don't see how this is comparable.

So being a fat/unhealthy doesn't matter when you are one of the most powerful members of the U.S. Senate. Got it.

That isn't what I said. I said I didn't see how it was comparable, not that it doesn't matter at all. Personally I think Kennedy should have retired when the brain cancer started ravaging him.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

You'd think the people here could do better than "LOL HE'S FAT," but time and time, you all prove that's simply not the case, thus putting Atlas on the same level of discourse as a junior high school lunch time discussion.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »

You'd think the people here could do better than "LOL HE'S FAT," but time and time, you all prove that's simply not the case, thus putting Atlas on the same level of discourse as a junior high school lunch time discussion.

I expected this from the usual suspects when I made the thread, but it has become quite wide-spread.  Though, it's not hard to recognize that if he wasn't at such an unhealthy weight, this thread most likely would not exist.  In any case, I don't think that dictates how he makes policy, and shouldn't make or break one's opinion of a politician.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »

We're talking about his weight because the news story that this thread was started about was a news story about his health. The dude was rushed to the hospital. To pretend that his poor health and morbid obesity didn't contribute to that is just silly. If this thread had been about his bullying of underpaid teachers and we were talking about his health problems, then maybe you'd have a point, MM.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

I expected this from the usual suspects when I made the thread, but it has become quite wide-spread.  Though, it's not hard to recognize that if he wasn't at such an unhealthy weight, this thread most likely would not exist.  In any case, I don't think that dictates how he makes policy, and shouldn't make or break one's opinion of a politician.

Being fat isn't any better than what Anthony Weinberg did. I'd rather tweet pics of my d:ck than wear pants designed for an elephant. (Censored so a certain someone doesn't report me)
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »

Outstanding, nailed on faux outrage.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »

Yeah, let's elect this guy president. Roll Eyes

Because being hospitalized should disqualify you.... come on.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies