The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:36:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 68165 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »

v much enjoyed Varys etc, but feel a bit lost as to which of Aegon's kingsguard are alive!

DKrol, maybe Ser Denys should snuff it from age, a heartbroken JonCon could be a wild fun replacement...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »

btw, what's up with Edmure? still in chains all over again, poor guy, at Tarly's command?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »

excellent! rooting for Theon as much as in the original...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2015, 07:09:54 AM »

...I had no idea the Steppies would come up that well! May I ask how many ships and men I briefly had before the battle...?!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 02:53:50 AM »

sssslavering with impatience for next turn!!!!!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »

Great!

I just wondered if there was a turn limit on this game? I hope not, but I was a bit alarmed by the phrase 'last phase of the war'! I feel we have a lot of fun to be exploited yet...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 03:47:37 AM »

Euron!?

as ever, eager to do one if any come available
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 06:54:39 AM »

maybe he's a dead thing in the water

a new recruit for Your Nightly Grace...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »

...of course, nice
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »

His lordship of the Vale can't have 'em all after all!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 04:23:24 AM »

No one wants any less from you! Just moooore for us?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »

Every major house has now at some point or another supported Stannis Smiley

Not the Greyjoys (yet...?!)!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »

Oooo, excited to have a Vicky, but sorry bereaved Connie didn't get more of a chance to shine
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2015, 03:36:51 AM »

Victarion has the warlocks and the magic horn, but I thought they'd been burnt to death by Drogon...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

mostly out of range this weekend, please send me messages but I may be slow to plot back at first
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »

any mercenary aid desired on PoVs this turn...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »

The best laid plans of mice and imps...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2015, 03:47:52 AM »

Any chance of the situation update thing soonish...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 02:31:15 AM »

understandable with so many new / old players! glad to see the returns
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 03:43:23 AM »

please don't worry Lumine, real life always has to come first, this isn't life or death and the odd judder doesn't make our turns and stuff any less good when they come!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 02:49:16 AM »

As ever, if you want a hand with any POVs...!

I had wondered about Daenerys. Ulp! Taking action as in LF/Walder = killing her off!? Please think of the scaly children!

I may or may not have recruited a very good player interested in being Asha next turn.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »

Tyrion was put on ice before without being killed, and that clearly ended up helping the game. A thought - Dany and her dragons could be lost, her armies leaderless and her location unknown, a la end of ADWD?

That way if Fingerbones comes back, or another worthy player emerges, or you need Dany as a deus ex modina, we are still good to go

Also I ought to stress my Asha is a maybe! But she's really great and fun and stuff. And quite reliable...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

Mmm. Isn't what she'd mainly do go and fry Others? and so isn't your vote a teensy bit self-serving, X? I fully admit mine is too though, as a member of the living and a Targ partisan at that! Personally I vote Benjen her until something (willing player, good mod death opportunity, Fingerbones, whatever) turns up.

But for pity's sake don't kill off those dragons, we really need them to stop the enemy given that there seem to be as many unkillable beings as Renly had peasants in the books...!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2015, 03:54:09 AM »

Well...personally I'm not wild about either dragons or Others, although I have much enjoyed Ramsay's mad transformation (which does what the books and show fail to do and finally makes the apocalypse relevant to the main plot!)

I do think, though, that if we are to have one, we badly need the (no pun intended) other; and I think if anything the Sidhe are a lot more 'OP', given that after consuming a king, the North, and the Watch there are still (am I right?) 90,800 of 'em - more than everyone else's forces put together - only killable by rare weapons, plus wights and numerous assorted monstrosities. Even the dragons will need superpowers to stop that. (I doubt very much that there are supposed to be 100,000 actual white walkers in books or TV, though the Sidhe are, I can see, Lumine's decision and meant to be a bit different)

I do agree with Leonardo that Daenerys's case is different from LF and Walder, who had barely influenced the game when they were killed off. We're talking about the most powerful and important player army here. And I don't agree with X that Dany winning necessarily = happily ever after, or that a future Daenerys player would have their hands tied, any more than Leonardo did with Tyrion.

On the other hand, I don't see the relevance of anyone being in the 'big three' (and judging by the forthcoming Mel PoV Leonardo might be being pessimistic about Jon!), nor do I think the death of Dany would ruin the game for her remaining supporters; it would be an interesting crisis to adapt around.

Basically if Dany can't, for now, be 'lost' a la the end of ADWD - after all we have good precedent as to how Barristan tries to sort out that mess in the books, so that would definitely be my preference - and Lumine decides she has to die, then I hope that the dragons survive (to be claimed by squabbling remaining factions?) and/or that her death deals the Others some fairly cool equalising setback in some way (Ramsay's other arm???!)

Obviously it would be best of all if we found a replacement player (or where Fingerbones is hiding) pronto. Alas lumine can't take on the role himself! Varys knows a lot, but surely not as much as the mod...

Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2015, 01:44:10 PM by Garlan Gunter »

Yeah, I don't want to play tennis either but just to say

- I'm fine with Aurane being in any difficult situation because whatever

- I would advocate a dramatic, meaningful for Dany if die she must, taking down quite a lot of Others, not because I want to unfairly punish X, but because that's the only way I think she would go that wouldn't be a tad anticlimactic (um, dragon pox like Draco Malfoy's grandpa...? Well, she is a platinum blonde.) Properly done this could even be mixed in its ramifications, eg the Others could get an Ice Dragon

- I'm strongly pro dragon survival under any circs, as a balance to the Others, yes, and also it might be pretty fun to squabble over claiming them

- All, as everyone agrees, up to Lumine!

- [But in the final analysis, personally, I'd still say an ADWD disappearance for the nonce by Dany and dragons is the best compromise]

- [which would also make for great politicking, cf Kingbreaker Barristan chapters. right right seriously I've finished now]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies