Would you rather live in London or Stockholm? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:42:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in London or Stockholm? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
London, UK

Stockholm, Sweden

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Would you rather live in London or Stockholm?  (Read 3887 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: August 24, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

London, absolutely. I'd do a lot of visiting battlefields and rummaging around in meadows. I'd visit York, Bosworth, Tewkesbury, Eltham manor, stop at Harrods, visit Senlac Hill (Hastings), and really do a hell of a lot of touring, yeah.

I have my passport but have never managed yet to get to England. One day!

Some of those places you listed are a bit far from London.

By American standards, no place in a European country is "far" from any other place within that same country (with the exceptions of Russia and Norway, Sweden, and Finland).
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »

London, absolutely. I'd do a lot of visiting battlefields and rummaging around in meadows. I'd visit York, Bosworth, Tewkesbury, Eltham manor, stop at Harrods, visit Senlac Hill (Hastings), and really do a hell of a lot of touring, yeah.

I have my passport but have never managed yet to get to England. One day!

Some of those places you listed are a bit far from London.

By American standards, no place in a European country is "far" from any other place within that same country (with the exceptions of Russia and Norway, Sweden, and Finland).

Ukraine, France and Spain are bigger than Sweden, Norway, Finland. Germany is roughly the same size as Finland.

True, those countries are larger in area. But my post was about driving (or taking public transportation) from one part of a country to another, and it would surely take longer to travel from one extreme of Norway to the other than it would to do the same in France, Spain, or Germany.

Although even under this criteria, I was wrong to leave out Ukraine. My mistake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies