White House Asks Reports on Trump-Russia Ties to Be Knocked Down, FBI Says No (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:09:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White House Asks Reports on Trump-Russia Ties to Be Knocked Down, FBI Says No (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White House Asks Reports on Trump-Russia Ties to Be Knocked Down, FBI Says No  (Read 964 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »

Ten years ago, had someone asked me whether Donald Trump or Barack Obama would have had more trouble with a combination of law enforcement, the intelligence services, and the military I would have expected more trouble in an Obama administration. Obama was, after all, more to the Left. I would have expected the trouble to have been ideological.

I would have been very wrong. So would many others. President Obama didn't have many problems. He is cautious -- cautious enough that even one of his harshest critics, Karl Rove, when asked whether he could attribute any virtue could attribute any virtue to him, it was caution. 

If you want someone in command of a high-risk, high-reward mission you might want to pick the leader who has the least relish for risk -- someone who doesn't telegraph his feelings, someone who doesn't get complacent until the deed is done, someone with no magical belief that he is a 'winner', someone who leaves room for a few things to go wrong, and who has the patience to wait for the optimal time. You want someone willing to inculcate a delusion in the other side that he is getting away with a blunder and that he has a good escape.

Donald Trump is the opposite. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies