Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:55:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thoughts on Kasich not attending the GOP convention...  (Read 1086 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

Kasich being the Governor of the RNC host state, do you think it's ok for him to bow out of attending the convention like he did?

In addition to Kasich heading up the host state, Governor Huckabee has been keen to point out that Kasich did in fact sign the pledge to support the eventual nominee, whoever that turned out to be. Folks made such a big deal about getting all the candidates to sign that thing, if they aren't going to honor their word, then why bother? I understand Kasich's not being comfortable with Donald Trump, and I fully supported Kasich's candidacy, but I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed with the way he's handling Trump's nomination.
He wouldn't have gotten a speaking slot unless he endorsed Trump beforehand. That would be humiliating and wrong for the home state governor who also happens to be the third place finisher in the primaries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies