NV-Strategic National: Amodei 27%, Heller 26%, Tarkanian 21% in GOP primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:12:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV-Strategic National: Amodei 27%, Heller 26%, Tarkanian 21% in GOP primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV-Strategic National: Amodei 27%, Heller 26%, Tarkanian 21% in GOP primary  (Read 1254 times)
JMT

« on: August 07, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »

Amodei wouldn't run against Heller.

I agree, that won't happen. But Tarkanian very well may run against Heller. It would be great to see Tark defeat Heller in the primary, throwing the election away for the GOP. I wouldn't rule that out at this point, certainly seems possible.
JMT

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »

I thought Amodei said he wasn't running?

I believe so. He's more likely to run for attorney general.
I thought he said he was running for reelection and wasn't interested in Attorney General?

Yeah, that's why I said he's more likely to run for AG, not that he probably will, but he has left the door open. If things look bad for Republicans nationally before the filing date in Nevada (which I believe is the first week of February?) then I could see him jump to the AG race instead of facing a more difficult than normal re-election campaign and then serve in the minority.

I could be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that Amodei definitively ruled out running for Attorney General and said he would run for reelection instead. And while this next election may disastrous for Republicans, I still think Amodei would seek reelection because he represents an R+7 district, and he'd be safe running for it again. Running statewide (for AG) in a state Hillary won in a midterm with an unpopular Republican President would be far more difficult than running for reelection in a fairly safe district, in my view.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies