Most qualified President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:25:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most qualified President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most qualified President  (Read 3822 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 12, 2008, 07:58:27 AM »

No, because it's really entirely unrelated.  Legislators are not experienced to be President.

Although I think that executive experience is important, I think that you're underrating legislative experience.  Having experience with foreign leaders and with foreign affairs, the national media, connections in congress and with national figures, and more experience with national issues all seem pretty important to me.  And it's not as if a congressman does no leading at all, as they have to lead their own staffs and committees.

Although I'd take a generic governor over a generic congressman, I would definitely take a generic congressman over a generic businessman.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:26:32 AM »

Oh and I would think Washington, as a prospector, the manager of a large estate, an officer in two armies, an experienced revolutionary (and a delegate to the continental congresses), a state legislator, a local judge, military commander-in-chief, and delegate to the Constitutional Convention would be among the most qualified, at least.

Jefferson was also qualified as a lawyer, governor, secretary of state, party founder and leader, writer of the constitution, and ambassador.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies