Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:37:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian federal election - October 19, 2015 (Official Campaign Thread)  (Read 235526 times)
Kevinstat

« on: September 29, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »

What's the black?  Is that Inky Mark's (new) riding?
Kevinstat

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »

The way things are trending, and the Ekos numbers where the head (or someone prominent there) feels like he's "polling a different country," I think it's possible the Conservatives retain their majority, just as the UK Tories won (not retained in that case I know) a surprise majority there earlier this year.
Kevinstat

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »

Thanks for the link!

I may be reading this incorrectly, but with the staggered closing times in different time zones, every poll in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and all but one in Quebec will close at the same moment (9:30 EDT). That's going to make for a hectic few minutes of election-watching!

Navanut and NWT too, and every riding in Quebec I think, as the portions of PQ that are in Atlantic Time don't use daylight savings time, so are effectively in Eastern Time right now (although they included Gaspésie–Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine on that list and not Manicouagan, so perhaps the Madeline Iles use Atlantic Daylight Time like nearby PEI, but the portion of that riding on the Gaspé Peninsula (which has a majority of that riding's population) would not finish voting until 9:30 EDT and so any exit polls for that riding would come in at the same time as the rest of the Quebec ridings, even if part of that riding stopped voting an hour earlier).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies